W November 2016 : Gigi Hadid & Kendall Jenner by Jason Kibbler

Good God, :lol:. This is bad on so many levels!! I admire their gusto for going with this, but I'm not a fan, I'm afraid. With a gun next to my head, I'd take Kendall's cover purely because of the calming motifs and colours.

Probably there will be two edits, one by Kibbler, and the other by M&M.

Wth it's so bad, what where they thinking?!

And I don't know what's funnier, the fact that they gave Gigi and Kendall pigs faces or Kendall still trying to convince us that she's a real model... extract from her interview:
What was your first go see?
I lived in New York for almost two months for a minute and I was staying in a really sh*tty little apartment. I wasn’t signed with an agency yet, but I was working with an agent and trying to get people to book me. And I would run to a million test shoots in the middle of nowhere, again at sh*tty apartments. Every single day, I’d do like test shoots, test shoots, test shoots, go and meet people, go, like, to castings and all of that good stuff. So I really did it.
wmagazine

Is this the art issue? pics by Kibbler and intervention by...?
I prefer the elements on Gigi´s cover, also her "styling" seems more fashionable.

The images itself.. my goodness. This is not art. This is a joke. If this were the funny issue, I would've understood it.

I seriously hate the notion magazines have that by having an "Art Issue" they could easily get away with putting something so weird on the cover. That's. not. art.

And where's the fashion? Where's the glamour?

And someone please explain to me the nose. From where I'm standing, it's rather insulting.

Two bland models with Snapchat filters on the cover. NEXT! W is losing it slowly with putting both of these non selling socialites on the covers.

Also, LOL at Kendall staying a "sh*tty" apartment in NY. I'm sure it was a $4000 a month "sh*tty" apartment. She's so vial and vapid. I can't stand her at all. Can't wait till her time is up.

:blink: Well, this is supposed to be ballsy, huh? Good God.

Lizzie Fitch and Ryan Trecartin are among the most acclaimed artists working today. Known for maniacally-paced films combining color, sound, character and computer effects, they have been called video art visionaries. The two artists met in 2000 at the Rhode Island School of Design and have been collaborators for the past 14 years. In 2006, at the age of 26, Trecartin became the youngest artist included in the Whitney Biennial; since then the duo has presented solo exhibitions at MoMA PS1 as well as at the 2015 Venice Biennale.
What they do: The artists explore how cameras, social media, and reality TV have changed the way we engage with the world and with one another. Their videos are made up of props, sets and digital effects they invent themselves. There is no plot, and their characters live in a post-gender, post-racial world, taking on various identities, sexualities, genders, and races. A character can be many people at the same time, shot in offbeat environments created by the artists. Trecartin works with a regular group of collaborators who are free to improvise.
The project for W: In this project for W’s Art Issue, titled "Placebo Pets," supermodels Kendall Jenner and Gigi Hadid appear as super friendly, domesticated humanoid pets. The idea grew out of the artists wondering: “Who would survive if a superior alien humanoid species came to Earth?” Their answer: “The friendliest.” Fitch and Trecartin see in our relationship to pets a parallel with our relationship to technology, in the way that we’ve been trained to adapt our behavior, our language, and the images we choose to present our changing selves. “There’s a certain power that animals have over us when they respond to us in unexpected, friendly ways,” says Trecartin. “And it’s really them domesticating us almost more than us domesticating them, because they’re training us to want them. Training and taming something is not one-sided. We created social media, but then it changed us because we interacted with it. It transforms us and transforms the next thing that happens just by existing. You can’t really avoid being trained.”
Fitch and Trecartin were also intrigued by the friendship between Jenner and Hadid, and the way their identities have morphed into a combined idea of friendship, known as “KenGi." The millennial offspring of reality-TV momagers literally grew up onscreen — Jenner beginning at 11 in the Kardashian family saga, Hadid as a toddler in Baby Guess ads. "It’s both a friendship and a public commodity to be consumed,” says Fitch.
wmagazine.com

I don't know much about the artists behind the cover and edit, Lizzie Fitch and Ryan Trecartin, but this is an absolute mess that does not translate well on the a magazine cover. I will not begrudge the edit because of the issues theme, even if there isn't much fashion, but this simply does not work for a cover.

I wonder if they intended for the DRAFT image to look like a circle jerk.... W Magazine says that's a "human-hamster water bottle" in the middle, but it looks like lube...

I seriously hate the notion magazines have that by having an "Art Issue" they could easily get away with putting something so weird on the cover. That's. not. art.

And where's the fashion? Where's the glamour?

And someone please explain to me the nose. From where I'm standing, it's rather insulting.

:lol: Well, they are legitimate artists, to be honest. And it is somewhat nice to see the new guard getting a massive platform like this. It will always be a challenge for installation-oriented artists to translate their message to picture form, and maybe that is what bothers me most here. But in another way I personally feel that what we are seeing here sort of reflects the state of American art right now. Contrived, gaudy, and very much excessive.

I've made peace with W and, to some extent, Numéro's art issues. It will never be solely about fashion. And glamour is most certainly the last superlative on their agenda. The idea is to have these two worlds meet. And since fashion is currently all about Kendall & Gigi, this is what we'll get.

Maybe the nose is an allusion to the Snapchat filter?

This is so beyond ugly that only the word disgusting comes up to me... Who the hell let this happen?

And do magazines realize they're shoving these socialites down our throats so much that many people actually hate these two now?

10th Anniversary Art issue with Kendall and Gigi... what a laugh?! ;-)))

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drew637
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->