Review (352 pages:(

State of Nature (24 pages) :heart:
Photographer: Mario Testino
Fashion Editor: Alex White
Fashion Assistants: Giovanna Currlin and Stacey Battat
Make-Up: Val Garland
Hair: Marc Lopez
Manicures: Larissa
Models: Eugenia Volodina, Filippa Hamilton, Jessica Miller and Natalia Vodianova

The Secret History (22 pages)
Photographer: Philip-Lorca Dicorcia
Fashion Editor: Joe Zee
Fashion Assistants: Meenal Mistry, Julia Topolski and Ryan Hastings
Make-Up: Virginia Young
Hair: Kevin Ryan
Models: Hannelore Knuts and Evgeny Eremetsky

Bacchanal (20 pages) :heart:
Photographer: Fabien Baron
Fashion Editor: Karl Templer
Fashion Assistants: Sarah Ellison, Caro Brandi and Mia Harlock
Make-Up: Mark Carrasquillo
Hair: Malcolm Edwards
Props: Randall Peacock
Production: Dana Brockman
Models: Gisele Bundchen, Jacquetta Wheeler, Mariacarla Boscono, Tiago Gass, Jake, Ryan Curry, Liam, James Penfold, Leticia, Adi, John Dietrich, Madame Schmidt, Gabriele Aubrey, Evan Kidd, Jeremy Hassol, Edward, Greg Shebel, Jonathan Nosan, Kiva, Colt and Steve Krause

Oh ! Thank you so much for this! I hope you will scan the eds :heart:

Such an incredible issue! State of Nature and Bacchanal are great, I love them both. I can't wait to see The Secret Story :magic::flower:

I still have this issue, one of my favorites ever. And I love how it's falling apart, because I flipped through it so many times. :heart:

I just need some time for the editorial scans as W is a tough one to scan. :lol:^_^ But if screen caps would do, I'd be much willing to do it. :smile:

Ooohh I still have this one as well!!! :woot: Such a classic issue imo ^_^ One of my faves from the early 2000s... :blush:

omg i wish could buy old issues online. i cant remember the name of this one site that sells vintage vogue, vogue mens, and w so i could buy some issues there... but anyways thanks for posting this cottonmouth13 :smile:

^Perhaps you mean paperpursuits? Ebay also has many vintage W issues, it's just difficult to find them due to the magazine's short name so you should write also the cover star to have better chances of finding the issue you want.

I've seen Testino's ed and I think I've seen Baron's ed and they are both amazing. Can't wait to see DiCorcia's ed. I miss his work for W.

State of Nature
Photographer:
Mario Testino
Stylist: Alex White
Models: Natalia Vodianova, Eugenia Volodina, Jessica Miller & Filippa Hamilton
Make-Up: Val Garland
Hair: Marc Lopez

blackshine.zoned.dk

Bacchanal (missing two pages)
Stylist: Karl Templer
Models: Gisele Bundchen, Mariacarla Boscono, Jacquetta Wheeler, Tiago Gass, Jake, Ryan Curry, Liam, James Penfold, Leticia, Adi, John Dietrich, Madame Schmidt, Gabriele Aubry, Evan Kidd, Jeremy Hassol, Edward, Greg Shebel, Jonathan Nosan, Kiva, Colt & Steve Krause

scanned by GUGA/MODA

Bacchanal (missing two pages)
Stylist: Karl Templer
Models: Gisele Bundchen, Mariacarla Boscono, Jacquetta Wheeler, Tiago Gass, Jake, Ryan Curry, Liam, James Penfold, Leticia, Adi, John Dietrich, Madame Schmidt, Gabriele Aubry, Evan Kidd, Jeremy Hassol, Edward, Greg Shebel, Jonathan Nosan, Kiva, Colt & Steve Krause

scanned by GUGA/MODA

same source as above

^ love this issue so much!

I can't believe the story with Hannelore has never been posted here! it's so dark.. and elegant, I think it's in St Petersburg? (I feel like I MAY have scanned it and posted it somewhere and if I did, I'm sorry cause I made the most godawful W scans :rofllaughing:). Anyway, it's the type of ed that may have seemed like a filler but that, looking back, helped cementing the tone for an entire issue and time. I had so many questions about it for whatever reason back then, starting with the buff guy and I think I was too young to understand the power of models like Hannelore.. I was puzzled that she seemed not to look too young nor interested in looking young or in being pretty, she seemed completely fine (just like Erin O'Connor, Stella, and a lot of the Belgians) with conveying a more sophisticated and adult lifestyle that I just.... had no clue about lol.

State of Nature is one of my all-time favorites.. still so pretty and calming to look at decades later. :grayheart:

Some rough snaps with missing pages but they belong here!:

" The Secret History "
Models: Hannelore Knuts and Evgeny Eremetsky
Photographer: Philip-Lorca diCcorcia
Stylist: Joe Zee
Hair: Kevin Ryan
Make-up: Virginia Young
Snapped by cottonmouth13 via Ellastica

I can't believe the story with Hannelore has never been posted here!

I spent half an hour trying to find it this morning but alas, no luck! I swear I remember seeing tiny scans of it on Jed Root's website ages ago but Wayback Machine didn't help much today. Thank you for posting cottonmouth's snaps, mullet, this thread now feels complete!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->