W Volume #4 : Millie Bobby Brown & Letitia Wright by Alasdair McLellan

That editorial has quite an apt title :rofl:

Finally got this in the mail. 224 pages

"Drama Class"
P: Alasdair McLellan
S: various, including Melanie Ward and Marie Chaix
Celebs: Daveed Diggs, Katherine Langford, Aubrey Plaza, Claire Danes, Evan Peters, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Tahar Rahim, Rachel Brosnahan, Dakota Fanning, Dominic Cooper, Frankie Shaw, Luke Grimes (One photo each)

"Pop Sensation"
S: Melanie Ward
Celeb: Millie Bobby Brown

"The Wright Path"
S: Marie Chaix
Celeb: Letitia Wright

"She's Got It"
P: Paolo Roversi
S: Camille Bidault-Waddington
Natacha Ramsay-Levi

"Rapture"
P: Tim Walker
S: Sara Moonves
M: Sara Grace, Maeva Giani, Dipti Sharma, Sethu Nois, Jermaine Downer, Ana Viktoria, Will Sutton, Zuzanna Bartoszek, Tsunaina, Harry Kalfayan

"Bourgeois Bohemian"
P: Craig McDean
S: M-A Sauve
M: Clementine Balcaen, Masha Skokova

"Cowboy Karlie"
P: Theo Sion
S: Max Pearmain
M: Karlie Kloss

"Legends of the Fall"
P: Richard Burbridge
S: Stella Greenspan
M: Alexandra Agoston

"Uniform Appeal"
P: Sam Rock
S: Sara Moonves
M: Vivien Solari, Erin O'Connor with students at King Alfred School, Deep Throat Choir, University College London Biochemical Engineers

"You Can Leave Your Hat On"
P: Steven Klein
S: Patti Wilson
M: Devin Truss nude with a cowboy hat on (one page)

Thanks axiomatic.

Given that I don't know when/if I'm going to see another McDean editorial with Templer anytime soon I'm willing to give his collab with MAS a chance (they used to be an equally amazing pairing but her work is often devoid of anything these days). Plus I like Theo Sions work with Max.

Otherwise this magazine is rendered trash until Stefano goes. Or it goes with him I guess...

This thread seems to be dead. And surprisingly, I don't feel it deserves to be overlooked.

For anyone that's interested, it's actually not bad.

Paolo’s 12-page spread PRADA ad exclusive She's Got It is a cool concept that hasn’t been done in a long time. (The clothes are still awful no matter who shoots it.)

Craig’s Bourgeois Bohemian is nice. It’s shot in that trendy flat-lighting as if it’s amateur. But the compositions are all strong and unique, giving off an effortless chic. And every shot is a full spread!

Theo Sion’s Cowboy Karlie is another solid story. Max Permian’s styling is sort of Carine meets Emmanuelle, very sporty, leggy and bag lady.

Richard Burbridge’s Legends Of The Fall reminds me of 90s ELLE Gilles Benison meets the style of watercolour illustration that Interview Magazine would feature back in the 90s. Very nice.

The art direction is surprisingly pleasant. It has that whiff of faux-indie desperation, but it’s also sharp, clean and very airy, reminding me also of MAS’s Mastermind, minus the vintage’y vibe. And that’s a good thing.

The other edits aren’t awful, just not my preference. And neither is Milly. She’s becoming insufferable to look at in fashion publications.

W looks to be gasping its last breaths with this September issue at only 230 pages— which is unfortunate, because if this issue is a sign of what the rebranding is capable of, it’s actually pretty solid. Nowhere is it in the same dimension as Patrick’s W, but it’s absolutely improving from whatever Stephano was floundering in for that last few years.

This is a solid issue. Tonchi is an excellent editor/curator, and I really hope he finds a way to buy W. He deserves it. We deserve it

POP SENSATION
Photographer:
Alasdair McLellan
Stylist: Melanie Ward
Hair: James Pecis
Make-Up: Aaron de Mey
Model/Celebritiy: Millie Bobby Brown

W Digital Edition

DRAMA CLASS
Photographer:
Alasdair McLellan
Stylist: Melanie Ward (Grimes & Rahim) & Marie Chaix (Shaw, Fanning, Peters, Brosnahan,
Plaza, Cooper, Langford, Diggs, Danes & Gyllenhaal)
Hair: James Pecis & Orlando Pita
Make-Up: Aaron de Mey & Francelle
Model/Celebrities: Daveed Diggs, Katherine Langford, Aubrey Plaza, Claire Danes, Evan Peters, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Tahar Rahim, Rachel Brosnahan, Dakota Fanning, Dominic Cooper, Frankie Shaw & Luke Grimes

W Digital Edition

THE WRIGHT PATH
Photographer:
Alasdair McLellan
Stylist: Marie Chaix
Hair: Orlando Pita
Make-Up: Francelle
Model/Celebritiy: Letitia Wright

W Digital Edition

SHE'S GOT IT
Photographer:
Paolo Roversi
Stylist: Camille Bidault-Waddington
Hair: Yannick D'Is
Make-Up: Aude Gill
Model/Celebritiy: Natacha Ramsay-Levi (Chloé's creative director)

W Digital Edition

RAPTURE
Photographer:
Tim Walker
Stylist: Sara Moonves
Hair: Val Garland
Make-Up: Cyndia Harvey
Models: Sara Grace Wallerstedt, Maeva Giani, Dipti Sharma, Sethu Noise, Jermaine Downer, Ana Viktoria, Will Sutton, Zuzanna Bartoszek, Tsunaina & Harry Kalfayan

W Digital Edition

BOURGEOIS BOHEMIAN
Photographer:
Craig McDean
Stylist: M-A Sauve
Hair: Anthony Turner
Make-Up: Peter Philips
Models: Masha Skokova & Clementine Balcaen

W Digital Edition

COWBOY KARLIE
Photographer:
Theo Sion
Stylist: Max Pearmain
Hair: Malcolm Edwards
Make-Up: Lauren Parsons
Model: Karlie Kloss

W Digital Edition

LEGENDS OF THE FALL
Photographer:
Richard Burbridge
Stylist: Stella Greenspan
Hair: Edward Lampley
Make-Up: Seong Hee Park
Model: Alexandra Agoston

W Digital Edition

UNIFORM APPEAL
Photographer:
Sam Rock
Stylist: Sara Moonves
Hair: Edward Lampley
Make-Up: Seong Hee Park
Models: Vivien Solari, Erin O'Connor with students of The King Alfred School in London, Deep Throat Choir & University College London Biochemical Engineers

W Digital Edition

YOU CAN LEAVE YOUR HAT ON
Photographer:
Steven Klein
Stylist: Patti Wilson
Hair: Tomo Jidai
Model: Devin Truss

W Digital Edition

Btw, all jokes aside, I CAN'T thank enough our dear axiomatic :flower: and all the other Good Samaritans (especially vogue28 :heart:!) who take their precious time to do all the crediting. For me, as a professional retoucher, working/manipulating with these kind of images is a really peace of cake (whenever I have a bit of spare time :(), but (PROPERLY!!!) crediting all the people included in the process of the making these small pieces of art - that's really the hardest part of the job!

Looks like a pretty solid issue to me. Thanks for posting the eds :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->