Wal-Mart to Sell Clothes Designed by Miley Cyrus, Max Azria

lucy92

Mod Squad Team Leader
Staff member
Reaction score
Wal-Mart to Sell Clothes Designed by Miley Cyrus, Max Azria

Walmart Stores Inc. said that in August it will launch line of clothing for young women created by teen singer and actress Miley Cyrus and longtime fashion designer Max Azria. Ms. Cyrus is the star of the Disney Channel's popular series Hannah Montana, and also performs and records her own music. The line of knit tops, pants and graphic T-shirts will reflect "her young woman rocker sensibility," said John Fleming, chief merchandise officer for Wal-Mart.
Though the Bentonville, Ark., retailer has fared well during the recession by attracting customers seeking low prices on basic products like food, it is trying to increase sales of higher-margin merchandise such as clothing.
But Wal-Mart has had a spotty track record selling stylish clothes. Several years ago, it created a trendy line for women called Metro 7 that failed when the retailer tried to expand it to more stores. Relatively expensive women's career clothing by designer Mark Eisen, advertised in Vogue magazine, also sold poorly and was discontinued.
The retailer has traditionally had better success with clothing for younger women, and last year bolstered its teen merchandise by stocking several exclusive brands, including the surfer-inspired Op and jeans by L.e.i.

The Miley Cyrus and Max Azria clothing will be sold along with a CD Ms. Cyrus made exclusively for the retailer. Wal-Mart is also the sole sponsor of Ms. Cyrus' upcoming U.S. and European tour.

story from wall street journal, pics from teen vogue

Attachments

• miley1.jpg
    miley1.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 5
  • miley2.jpg
    miley2.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 5
God how tacky were first three words that entered my head. I cant take anymore of her...for a week or two I gave her a chance but she reminds me of a man who is a schizophrenic.

I've always had a distaste for Azria and his brands. He turned Leger into a cheap label for dlisters and now with this partnership...i just don't understand?

See for Max Azria, I thought I heard that the company was not doing well, and one list had it as a company that was probably going to go under. For him, it's definitely about the money-but at the same time, Walmart? Sure, Miley will bring in the kids, not unlike Mary Kate & Ashley, but this will cheapen his name so much more, I believe.

And no, I won't touch the stuff-I've boycotted Walmart for many years.

Ewww! Walmart AND Miley?? :sick:
What will the line look like? High school prostitots??

inexplicable and it looks like garbage.

therecessionista.blogspot.com

Attachments

• miley.jpg
    miley.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 13
Are those t-shirts seriously the line? Why would Max Azria even bother?

I don't know whats more wrong:
"her young woman rocker sensibility," or the T-shirts
I still can't figure out why.

Are they THAT desperate for money?? Miley is the LAST person I want to associate with fashion. ANd Max Azria hasn't been doing anything great either. His last few seasons have been rubbish.

Oh mi lerd. Tacky hot mess. I can associate Wal-Mart clothing with Miley Cyrus but putting Max Azria in the equation just threw me off the loop. Why on earth is she trying to make her main audience look more heinous?

:sick::yuk:
why cant Miley just disappear??
I hate her, and wall-mart
her vocie is like like nails on a chalkboard

^^I agree, I cant stand anything about her, please dont make me get into it. And her dad creeps me out on a pedophile level. They all just scare me, and give me nightmares. Miley reminds me of a man whose heavily medicated, almost 40 and schizophrenic.:huh::ninja:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrc8-A2TQfA

= :ninja:.

Why is she always like "OMG look at me, I'm cool!!" Her face annoys me. Another child Disney has ruined....:innocent:

And clothing isn't anything special. Okay for Walmart I suppose....tweensters should get a kick out of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
i actually purchased 3 shirts from this line...:ninja:

i'm not a huge fan of either max azria or miley, but i thought i'd walk through and check it out since i was at wal-mart anyway.

i don't think it's that bad for the extremely cheap prices. There are some decent basics and I don't think anything is more than $15.

The first 3 are the ones I picked up, but I might actually go back to get the last 2...

Attachments

• miley1.jpg
    miley1.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 113
  • miley2.jpg
    miley2.jpg
    7.5 KB · Views: 112
  • miley3.jpg
    miley3.jpg
    3.6 KB · Views: 112
  • miley4.jpg
    miley4.jpg
    9 KB · Views: 114
  • miley5.jpg
    miley5.jpg
    4.9 KB · Views: 112
The first one and third one actually look decent.

I saw the rose-lookin' blouse next to the purple ones, and they look atrocious and awfully wrinkly even though that's what the shirt is going for.

The selection of jeans/pants and leggings that went with it were just atrocities! And the shirts? I don't get the obsession with all that's English. :judge:

^^I agree that the blouse doesn't look very good in person, but for $12, if I wear it once or twice to work I'd be happy.

And the t-shirts I also thought were odd but I could see some of them appealing to the age 10-14ish crowd. The leggings for the most part were very bad, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->