Wal-Mart to Sell Clothes Designed by Miley Cyrus, Max Azria

I was actually a little surprised by this, but not in a good OR bad way. The pieces are all a lot more basic and grown up than I thought they would be. I thought it would be geared to a much younger audience.

I still prefer Taylor Swift's L.E.I sundress collection though.

oh dear lord.

and

holy effing crap.

(did i just blaspheme?)

because seeing the name Miley Cyrus, next to the name Max Azria....that's blasphemous.

and seeing the word *design* next to Miley? there is something very wrong with the world. :ninja:

Regular non-branded walmart clothes would suffice if a girl was looking for basic clothing for cheap. Or just take the extra few yards and walk to a nearby Target.

I haven't seen the clothes in real life, so I won't comment on the quality. However, it seems weird to me that Max Azria is branching out to walmart. I thought that he was trying to break the higher end with Herve Leger and Max Azria Collection, and this seems to be the opposite.

Regular non-branded walmart clothes would suffice if a girl was looking for basic clothing for cheap. Or just take the extra few yards and walk to a nearby Target.

i would just like to point out that the prices at target are much higher, while the quality remains the same for the vast majority of target clothing. i'm not sure of everyone else's views but the quality of at least the past 2 years worth of "designer" target clothes has been crap.

all in all, imo i don't think anyone has given this collection a fair chance. i don't even think it's great; but at least it's at the right price range and aimed at the right age group...

^ I agree that the collection has good prices for what it is. I just don't get why Max Azria attached his name to it. I don't see any high designer sensibilities in the collection.

agreed, and the line is much to young looking to look even close to something he would put out.

I think it was just away for Max Azria to promote himself and his label(s) as something that cares about the average consumer, although I think teaming up with walmart and especially miley was a bit extreme. Her representation of young america is sad...but that's just my opinion

lucky magazine

the dress and blouses are all under 20$.

Attachments

• miley1.jpg
    miley1.jpg
    235.1 KB · Views: 0
  • miley2.jpg
    miley2.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 1
I have a whole new appreciation for this line after seeing what the Olsen Twins are offering for JC Penney.

I actually think that dress with the ruffle skirt is kind of cute.. An yes, I agree ^^

Wow, okay, so that True Jackson, VP girl can have a fairly good line at target, while she isn't even working with a designer, and her show is not as famous.

But Miley Cyrus works with a designer and has one of the most famous shows on TV right now, and pulls out this crap? There are no excuses. This is almost puke worthy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
todayfendi
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->