Walking In Snow

meowmix

Reaction score
what boots/shoes would be good for walking in snow covered streets that I can find online? I just moved to the east coast and this snow thing is completely new for me...

I live on the east coast too :smile:
If you don't like the weather here, wait 5 minutes!

I guess anything waterproof works good. I never wear special winter shoes because I only walk from my house to my car, from my car to work. I still wear stiletto's and sneaks :smile:

I wish i'd brought my car! But i heard they don't last very long (rust) and it's a soft top.. plus, there's nowhere to keep it (I'm in DC)...so I'm forced to walk everywhere. I've looked up some cold-weather/rain boots online at Nordstrom, but they all look very :yuk: ....

I just wear my normal shoes at school and stuff but uggs are good for long distance walking

Uggs are the best in the snow! ( I feel like an Uggs spokesperson :blush: ) I've had mine for 2 years and I'm from New York. BUT let me warn you if your going to buy ugg look alikes some may be poor quality..my friend recently purchased a pair of look alike uggs and one step in the snow her whole foot got drenched. Another alternative boot that works real good in snow and rain are Timberlands.

Whenever it snows a lot, I wear my trusty old Doc Martens boots (I bought them with my first paycheck ever when I was 14 :cry: ). They're quite good in the snow.

I don't know how durable they are, but I love the Dior logo snow boots. They're supposedly waterproof. :wub:

I have a pair of British Army assualt boots for use in XCW. They're fully lined, reasonably waterproof and just about indestructable...they also have very hard toe-caps which are good for shin-hacking anyone who gets in your way...

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 9:45 am
they also have very hard toe-caps which are good for shin-hacking anyone who gets in your way...
:lol: That will come in handy at my uni :innocent:

Originally posted by TheSoCalledPrep@Jan 2nd, 2004 - 9:19 am
I don't know how durable they are, but I love the Dior logo snow boots. They're supposedly waterproof. :wub:
I love 'em too...they're so cute!! But I'd be so afraid of getting them dirty... :doh:

Really this topic means applying a bit of common sense. The original ugg boot styles are those with sueded double-faced sheepskin which is a soft leather. There is no way in the world that this is going to be waterproof. You can use a water resistant agent but this will only help keep a few drops off and help keep some surface dirt off and even then it will have to be re-applied regularly.

The American "UGG Australia" people do have several styles that are grain leather which have been lined with sheepskin or a woven wool. If you spray these with a water resistant agent then they will be fairly waterproof.

However, the best water proofed boots are "galoshes or gum boots or rubber boots" depending on your dictionary. Slap a pair of sheepskin inner soles into them and you have a snowy wonder.

Don't BELIEVE anyone who tells you porkies about a soft sueded leather being waterproof! Once again... it is just common sense.

Try this link:

http://www.santana.ca/English/index_w.html

I bought a pair of Santana boots at Nordstrom last year and they are great. Because they're made for Canadian winters, they really ARE waterproof, warm, and comfortable. Great on ice! The thing that makes the difference is that the leather is waterproofed BEFORE it is cut. There are lots of styles available, some better looking than others.

Originally posted by meowmix@Dec 11th, 2003 - 2:22 pm
what boots/shoes would be good for walking in snow covered streets that I can find online?
You DEFINITELY want Dior's.

They are SO hot!

Im000074a.JPG

:sick: :sick:

Those just look like regular sorel boots with the dior logo printed on. :unsure:

I really like my snowboarder-style boots. They are comfy, cute and extremely practical. Plus, they remind me of skiing days... B)

Originally posted by purplelucrezia@Jan 14th, 2004 - 1:27 pm
I really like my snowboarder-style boots. They are comfy, cute and extremely practical. Plus, they remind me of skiing days... B)
B)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->