Water Bottles

papa_levante

oh! darling
Reaction score
I think it's so sexy how people are now becoming more and more "green." :mrgreen:

So, I did my part by buying an aluminum water bottle! (below) :woot:
(I own a Nalgene but it is inconveniently too big for bags and the opening is too big, so I end up with a face full of water!)

Is there any special way you carry your water rather than in a plastic water bottle that'll sit in a land fill for 1,000 years? :flower:

bn.com (Barnes & Noble)

167ukpu.png

I have a couple of blue SIGG traveler bottles (found them at Roots) that fit nicely into my purse and a taller BPA free Nalgene bottle I got at MEC that I take to work. At first it felt weird switching but I couldn't imagine going back to being so wasteful now. Even recycling all those plastic bottles must waste so much energy.

Nalgenes have been "in" here in Seattle since at least 2001-2002...then again, we are a very eco-friendly city. My mum actually uses a Rubbermaid water bottle with a flip top and it works really well, plus it's not a huge thing (20 ounces) and it fits right in her cupholder. I do admit to owning two actual Nalgenes, plus two Nalgene bottles from VS, and I just got an aluminum one from Old Navy. Haven't brought myself to use it yet though!

I'll admit to being one of those horrible people who drinks bottled water. (I do recycle it though!!!) I just don't like the taste of my tap water and wouldn't want to carry it around with me everywhere. I do however appreciate the eco friendliness of your aluminum bottle and I love the design on it. Very nice!!

i have a klean kanteen water bottle..:heart:

BPA free, 100% recyclable, stainless steel, non leaching, sustainable.. says www.kleankanteen.com

K18PPL-OS_cart_preview.jpg

kleankanteen.com

:clap: I'm so proud of the Kanteen and SIGG users!

I attempted to buy a SIGG but it was over $20. NO THANK YOU. :shock:

adorefaith, yours is adorable and practical since the opening of my bottle won't fit ice! :lol:

I have a weird (maybe stupid question), but I'm a germaphobe, is it hard to wash the klean kanteen because I can't imagine fitting my hand in there to scrub, I guess you can use a sponge on a stick type thing, but I need to make sure all the soap is out. Weird question I know.

I cleaned mine today after I bought it. Basically, all I did was put soap in it, fill with water, seal tight, and shake. To make sure all the water is out, I fill the bottle with water to overflow it til soapy white bubbles stop appearing. ^_^ Does that help? My mother told me not to put it in the dishwasher. I guess she feared that the pain would come off. :ermm:

i do what papa said. ^ warm soapy water should do the trick and thorough rinsing will ensure that you get rid of all the suds. if you use an all natural dish washing liquid it will be even better, that way you don't have to worry about anything artificial or unnatural remaining in the bottle. you can also use one of those scrubby brushes that you described, i'm sure that would be ok.. i haven't tried it but it sounds reasonable.

this is what the website suggests for cleaning.. i definitely agree with the vinegar idea, vinegar is such a fantastic and safe cleaning agent for so many things.

Klean Kanteens are dishwasher safe and are also easy to clean with a bottle brush and mild soap. We also recommend an old fashioned cleaner: white vinegar and baking soda.
Caps should not be washed in the dishwasher because water can squeeze into the cap.

Last edited by a moderator:
i think im going to get a klean kanteen bottle once i get back to the UK... sick of the plastic bottles! but then again i cant use the tap water here (germany)... its so hard and sometimes even smells of chlorine!

That's true. There's no use in getting a water bottle unless the water you fill with is suitable for drinking. Or you may just end up filling it with bottled water which would totally defeat the purpose of a canteen! :lol:

I have a Kleen Kanteen that I carry my water in!! And it's a cool titanium/silver color:DB)

you guys don't have the filters you can install on your taps in europe yet? here in the states you can actually get the more convenient brita pitchers with a filter and the water is really good.

yeah my husband and I got a brita filter that attaches right to our faucet, it's great. you can even get ones that have flavor packs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->