Wearing flats?

Megann

Reaction score
Does anyone prefer wearing flats? Not sure how I feel about them althought they look quite nice.

I don't prefer them, but I do love them! I don't discriminate on heel heights, but I do try not to wear the same height two days in a row, otherwise my calves ache. Even with flats.

Anyhow, I think flats look great with everything but long skirts. They can look dowdy then. They look great with pants and knee length skirts and up. They especially help to de-tart a mini!

I always wear heels so it might be a big change for me. Just you get so used to wearing heels!

I understand. Flats will be an adjustment. They'll put strain on your calf muscles at first since you're not used to them, so you should only where them for short stints at first. I think they're great, though, and equally as sexy as heels when worn the right way. :wink: Enjoy!

Thanks

I'll let you know if I find a pair that I want to try, what ones do you have?

I've got several, but there all older. None from this year, but here goes:

- black leather pointy-toed ballet flat from Banana Republic
- caramel leather pointy-toed ballet flat from JCrew
- baby pink leather pointy-toed mary janes from Steve Madden
- black leather round toed ballet flat from Nine West (these are about to hit the dust though... they weren't very well made... or maybe I just wore them to death)
- round toed blue & white striped fabric ballet flats from Enzos
- black knee-high leather boots from Nine West

Well, clearly I love the ballet flat!! All those above are mid-priced. Givenchy had fabulous ones with their fall collection if your looking for something higher end. There's a thread in the Designers and Collections forum if you'd like to view them. Best of luck!

Do you find heels hard to wear after wearing flats for a day?

No, I don't find heels hard to wear after flats, and yes, I think those shoes are very cute!!

I prefer flats, they're moer comfortable for me since I am up and about all day. I wish I could wear them out to dinner or a club, but unfortunately being vertically challenged doesn't allow me that...

Hey. This is officially my first time on this forum - very exciting! I too am 'vertically challenged' and have just bought my first pair of flats in years. Am quite liking them though, definately gives a new look to my wardrobe

i like both styles, flats as well as heels, i usually coordinate to my outfit and my mood......

I love flats !!! They are so comfortable and looking nice, I wear them with pants, jeans, skirts , dress everything :smile: the reason why I have 10 pairs of them and still want to buy some :D

Megann said:
I always wear heels so it might be a big change for me. Just you get so used to wearing heels!
And it isn't just the calf muscles that get used to heels - it's the self-image,too: you feel like such a shrimp when you aren't in heels, right?:lol:

Flats are fabulous. I love round toe ones b/c they make my feet look smaller. I always bring a pair to work w/ me after I cant take wearing heels anymore (I stand up all day). I dont know what Id do w/o them!

I love flats, I wear them to work every day - and keep my heels for heading out at night and on the weekends. I'm not overly tall, but I feel too tall at work wearing heels.

I bought a pair but only wore them for a couple of hours, give me back my heels! I'll try them again in a few days

^ Baby steps!! :D Congrats on your purchase. Did you go with the ones at Zappos?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->