Wearing Your Heels?

I see many heels of many types at work during the mid-afternoon shift, not so many during the morning (I get in at 6:30am). Most boot and shoe heels are probably between 2 and 4 inches at a guess..............only ever heard one woman complain.

The heels must have been at least 4.5 inches in height with no platform at all and by the way she was hobbling around, she either wasnt used to the height or her ankles/feet were hurting (go figure). Well from her comments, I figured out it was the latter of the two. No wonder why she got the elevator and not the stairs lol. Could have been nasty!

Heels look great, especially boots and are a very complimenting look if worn right. I wouldnt envy anyone for wearing them all day (and night) though. Must have feet and ankles of steel to do that.

i dont wanna know what the feet and toes look like if wearing over 4inches all day long :yuk:

Whilst this is a very interesting and scary topic, i wear trainers/flats practically all day. It can be difficult to wear heels for any length of time, as my feet are used to wearing trainers. Does anyone know whether wearing too much flats can have the opposite effect as wearing too much high heels everyday? :wink:

I wear trainers to work everyday because I'm spending alot of time on my feet running around all over the site. Wearing trainers all the time will mean that when you come to wear shoes (or heels as in most cases here) you u will probably experience a fair level of discomfort.

Just my understanding.

I have found that I get ingrown toenails when I wear trainers a lot. It is something to do with the shape of the toe, the way they turn upwards. My feet are weird, though, so what messes up my feet probably doesn't bother anyone else's. I can't wear trainers for daily wear, as I get ingrown toenails (mad painful!) and my feet seem to get stinkier. I find my best daily wear shoes are any good quality oxfords. My best luck has been with Dr. Marten's or Aerosoles. I also wear Dr. Marten's and Carolina boots. (the Carolinas are very standard men's workboots--I'm kind of a strange woman).

I could not get through life if I had to wear women's shoes, especially not high heels, though most flats hurt my feet, too. I am a wuss.

Originally posted by As You Like It@Apr 4th, 2004 - 10:37 am
I could not get through life if I had to wear women's shoes, especially not high heels, though most flats hurt my feet, too.
Funny you said that, neither could I :woot:

Originally posted by Meg-ann@Apr 4th, 2004 - 12:47 am
If anybody is around, did you wear heels today?
i did-what about it?

With all this chat about heels, whats your best advice for women who have never worn really high heels before?

It's never too late to start :lol:

Honestly practice walking around in them before going out.

I agree never to late to start or to old. Practice, Practice....

Watch where you're going. This applies to any type of shoes, actually. I was hurrying in DSW one day (it was about to close) and ran into a shoetryonbenchthingy and nearly flipped over it. I had the bruise for about three monthes. :doh:

wear heels often...but not for long periods of time. when you're just starting out in heels, you don't want to wear them on a long day of shopping. it's a good idea to start out when going out to dinner for example.

I love any heel as long as they are not like stripper shoes! I prefer my pumps :smile: About 4 inches or so....I love ballet flats though :innocent:

:o i can't believe what some of you do to your feet! on a day to day basis, i always wear kitten heels, never going past 1.5 in. only on certain occasions do i go further up, and even then it's maximum of 3 in. i'm really paranoid about my back, and my back is hurting just looking at those shoes you guys are wearing. 7 in. heels? how do you walk in those without titling forward??

Originally posted by ItsTheKids@Apr 10th, 2004 - 12:43 pm
:o i can't believe what some of you do to your feet! on a day to day basis, i always wear kitten heels, never going past 1.5 in. only on certain occasions do i go further up, and even then it's maximum of 3 in. i'm really paranoid about my back, and my back is hurting just looking at those shoes you guys are wearing. 7 in. heels? how do you walk in those without titling forward??
I do wear the very high fetish heels sometimes but only to clubs where the idea is to dress as outrageously as possible. I could could never wear 7" heels unless they had a huge platform- my feet are already vertical in 5" ones and they are as high as I am prepared to walk around in. 6" ones need walking and standing to be really cut down to the minimum and in my view my feet look odd in them because they are so steep that my foot sort of bends forward - hard to explain - but my husband loves that look so i will wear occasionally just for him :smile:

4" to 4.5" are practical (well for me anyway!) once you are used to them though - I dont have any shoes under 3" and I think I am so used to them now that I would feel falling over backwards in lower!

I just got used to heels as soon I was allowed to buy some (when i was 10 or 11 I think) and I would hate not to have the extra height they give now.

I wear usually 3-6 inch heels....my 6 inchers are actually comfy...it has some platform so I'm not completely vertical and the shoes are well balanced so there's even pressure so I dont slide forward.( I have no clue how you do it miss Stiltz) In fact my 6 inch heel is even comfier than some of my 4 inch heels! :kiss:

I'm used to walking in heels though, I'm one of those babies who grew up in a Manolo. :P

But I always give myself some restdays where I wear sneakers or flip flops. I dont wanna end up like that girl who's tendon ripped... :ermm:

I'm so glad to see this topic still going! HIGH heels are some of my favorite things! I just :heart: :heart: :heart: what they do for me legs.

I guess most of my heels are in the over 6 inches category. My new favorites are the velcro ankle straps, opera pumps and lace-up oxfords made by Highest Heel. I posted a photo of me in them here. They have the pointy toes I love and about 6 1/2 inch heels. I like these because the heel is not quite a thin as a spike - especially at the bottom. Makes them easier to walk in I think. I found some really good prices on the web a few weeks ago so I bought lots of them. You never know when the style you like will be dropped, right girls?

Lately I have been wearing more and more of the half metal heels though. Here's a pix of me in a pair of them. I like ankle straps - gives me more security I guess. Sorry the light was not so good but I think you can see them OK.

I try not to wear patent leather to work. I think smooth looks more sophisticated.

I know what you mean about REALLY high heels Petite girl. I have some that I save for special occasions - parties, weddings, dancing at clubs etc.

I still say the best way to get used to wearing REALLY high heels is to sleep in some at least 1 inch higher the night before. Sure works for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->