Wedding Make-up

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by MissAlexis, Mar 24, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. MissAlexis

MissAlexis New Member

I am a bridesmaid for my brothers wedding in May and as the bride has 14 bridesmaids who all have different styles and colouring she is letting us do our own make-up on the day. The only problem is I don't know where to begin!

I use Benefit and Mac but want to go for more of a classic look. Any ideas?

Many thanks :flower:

2. Mk's Beauty Shop

Mk's Beauty Shop New Member

well maye hire your own make up artist for the day and then they can do it for you if you dont want to stress on the day.. I would stick with similar styles to what you wear now. The wedding day is not really the day to try something bold and outragous if its not your style.. What dress are you wearing? and is it a day or night wedding?

3. MissAlexis

MissAlexis New Member

day wedding and the dress is a pale, dusty, blue. I think I'm going to hire a make-up artist I just didn't want the usual make-up artist 'look', lots of shaddow, lip liner...

4. Mk's Beauty Shop

yeah make sure you do a practice run with her first :) and dont be afraid to tell her what you want

5. Theyda

Theyda New Member

I whole heartidly agree with the make up artist idea. I only wish I had that luxery. I'm giving away my mother at her wedding in a couple of weeks and I have the dress, shoes,bag, etc...and I'm still trying to find the perfect eye shadow! Go for the make up artist and say goodbye to the stress of doing it yourself.

6. Mk's Beauty Shop

Here in australia you can go to certain make up counters like napolean and clinique etc and they do your make up for you for free ( but you buy a product of theirs anyway), maybe you could do that? you would have to do a trial run as well but if you cant afford to hire a makeup artist its a cheaper alternative...

or try a beauty salon their wedding makeup is usually not too expensive and you would just touch it up yourself during the night

7. daniellat

daniellat Fashion Designer

8. Mk's Beauty Shop

Somewhere mentioned also that foundation with sunscreen in it is bad for photo and my photos always come out bad when i have my SPF foundation and no powder

9. Feline

Feline rock-chic

I went to a beauty salon for my wedding make-up and it was well worth it. We had a trial run, so she knew exactly what I liked and would go with my outfit. On the actual morning, she also gave me a neck & shoulder massage and a manicure.

10. December_25th

December_25th New Member

Offtopic but WOW that's a lot of bridesmaids!!!

11. daniellat

daniellat Fashion Designer

yay! 14 bridesmaids is a lot of people, i missed that when i first came here its weird that being so many people the bride let them all look different

12. Erin

Erin Iowa Girl Loves Fashion

Feline, could you share, was that an expensive endeavor? Thanks. :flower:

13. Kenysha75

Kenysha75 New Member

I think keep it simple and beautiful
    Do some lightings around your eyes maybe but thats its
    I think you should always keet it simple and classic to a wedding

14. Feline

Feline rock-chic

Erin - I can't remember the exact price, about £90.00, I think, but I felt it was well worth doing. I had a 'Bridal Package' which included a few visits and other treatments leading up to and on the day. A lot of salons do that kind of package deal and it works out far cheaper than paying for them all separately. When you have so much to thiink about and worry about leading up to a wedding, the pampering is a much-needed and welcome experience

15. The_Ida

The_Ida In Bloom

Check out the pixiwoo channel on youtube... They have a lot of great bridal looks, both for oily and dry skin

16. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

For my sister's wedding, I had the Chanel makeup artist create my look, and then I did my makeup myself on the day. Worked out fine ...

17. CaitlinC

CaitlinC New Member

When in doubt, always go with neutral tones.

18. fashionista-ta

fashionista-ta Well-Known Member

Our dresses were a very intense emerald green ... I used Tempting Beige blush, golden eyeshadow tones, and a red lipstick.

I really think it's quite enough to have matching dresses--I don't think the makeup has to match too ... but as I recall, others did use some stronger tones like I did.

I love an unmatched dresses look ...

19. CaitlinC

CaitlinC New Member

Well people tend to get scared of the colors thing, so I usually recommend people go with neutral tones to play it safe.

What you used sounds perfect, though.

20. Mk's Beauty Shop

I think its mainly because there will photos for a long time after so a timeless natural makeup is usually best IMO and save the bright colours for the hens night hehehe