Wedges / platform shoes for fall 07/08?

She's really a friendly and hard-working person. Rings up the cash register, prepare sandwiches (that's what Schlotzsky's does), cleans up around the restaurant... she's a wonderful lady. My favorite of-the-moment shoes I've seen on ladies were those canvas peep-toe wedges with the straw bottoms. I have to imagine peep-toes are big nowadays. Just imagine wedge-heeled shoes with a little platform to them. They'd have to make your feet look amazing.

My all-time favorite women's shoe is the mary jane. And as of late, designers are coming up with all sorts of ways to dress up and fancy up the mary jane... even towards making wedges in the mary jane design. I had to get a new pair of glasses over this past weekend, and I noticed a lady wearing some mary jane-style wedges. They looked cute on her. I'm trying not to come up with a joke regarding getting a new pair of glasses and noticing how cute a girl's shoes look. :wink: Oh, what the heck... I could see her cute wedges with my new pair of glasses. If I couldn't see anything else, I got to see a cute girl in cute shoes! Alright, happy now?

Anyone else want to jazz up this thread?

the very first pair of shoes in this thread remind me of rocking horse shoes. toned down, main-streamified (haha) rocking horse shoes.

Anyhow, have any favorite wedges? platforms? platform wedges?
b000jq1gfs01a1hhnk9o9khiy8.jpg

(Via Spiga, zappos.com)
These are the only high-anythings that I wear regularly. It has a hidden ~1inch platform and comes to about 4 inch lift or whatever, the heel/wedge is wooden.... they make me a bit over 6'1 so i don't wear these coz i'm short. :wink: I prefer wedges over heels, definitely because they are much easier to walk in and more comfortable. I like platform heels for whatever reason, but I especially like the hidden platform b/c they're much more subtle.

Anyway, these are awesome because they go with most of my jeans (which is what I wear most of the time)--especially skinnies and they look great with skirts due to the strap and buckle. :]

If I had the money I would definitely go for Balenciagaf06 booties and kneehigh platform wedge boots.

^ Those are cute, though I'd probably color in the wht. stitching with a navy or purple-ish marker.

i realize (perhaps sadly) that the olson twins seem to be the main proponents of platform wedges.

Attachments

• attachment-1.jpg
    attachment-1.jpg
    224.1 KB · Views: 30
TBH I don't really think this is much of a trend this season, but that's just my opinion.:innocent:
I do love wedges though and they are so comfortable! Of course they still exist in new collections but I just don't think it's really as big as it was last year. I think thick-heeled pumps, toe platforms, and cone heels are more this season but whatever. I'll still be wearing wedges sometimes too.^_^

I just got the banana republic snake platform pump today. Very comfortable and smart looking on. I recommend them!
br513164-01p01v01.jpg

bananarepublic.com
plus I like how the heel is stacked. I hate covered heels because the leather gets shredded from crazy nights out.:ninja:

Also I have a pair of knocked off chloe maryjane blk leather wedges that tie instead
of buckle. They are jessica Simpson. Shhhhh! But they're cute and comfy and I love them. (And can't afford Chloe) From last year but probably time to bring them out soon...

still waiting to rock my patent wedges, next weekend maybe...

I have been looking for the perfect platform booties for spring (at it still snows here in Finland). It seems they were all fall stuff and can not be found anywhere. I still see this trend a lot on streetstyle sites and would love to have a pair. All of them just seem to be so pricy and normal shoe stores do not carry them here..

Here are some of my favourites:
index.jpg

Miu Miu

index.jpg

Pedro Carcia

index.jpg

Louboutins

index.jpg

Brian Atwood

all from net-a-porter.com

If anyone knows where to get similar but cheap, please let me know!

I would imagine that platforms and wedges would be popular for Spring. This Spring is no different. The kinds of casual wedges I like are those Dilemma shoes by American Eagle. They are classified as sneakers, but they are very cute slip-on, sneaker-like shoes. I think that sneakers like these (and others similar in design) are really the "it" casual shoes for girls. Here are examples of similar wedges like these that I've loved seeing women wear:

* http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/american-eagle-dilemma-sneaker-wedge - "Dilemma" by American Eagle
* http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/american-eagle-comeback-sneaker-wedge - "Comeback" by American Eagle
* http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/american-eagle-rikki-sneaker-wedge - "Rikki" by American Eagle
* http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0010NP7TK...e=380333&creativeASIN=B0010NP7TK&linkCode=asn - "NOTW" (Not of This World)

I also anticipate wedge sandals to be hot among ladies this Spring. I classify sandals as any footwear with visible toes and not fully-covered all the way around. I like platforms, but I don't see too many platforms. Perhaps platforms are maybe 1-inch high. I'd want to see who would dare wear 2-inch high platforms with about two or more inches at the heel (think about platforms that have at least an extra inch of heel at the heels). I think wedges, platforms, and platform wedges will be hot this Spring for those who dare wear them. What about the rest of you?

nqbbcx.jpg
21culjd.jpg

The Corsican - Steven by Steve Madden
-I've had great luck with the Steven line, they're surprisingly very well made and reasonably priced.
These have a 4 inch heel and 1.5 inch platform, which should provide for a non-excruciatingly painful boost for 5'1" mini me!
The site says they're starting to ship these in late May - meaning fun for summer shorts and then paired with over-the-knee socks in fall? So cute!

I am a fan of Steve Madden. I still consider the Binder shoe to be the most stylish dressy sneaker ever. A way you can get away with sneakers with your career outfit. That, by the way, is a wedge lace-up oxford. So that would tie into this thread without fail. I always liked wide-legged crop pants with big shoes or sandals. I still think most everyday women will likely wear some sort of cropped pants and even gaucho pants with dressy sandals like these. However, I think your usual flip-flops and flat to low-heel wedges will still be favorites for women.

Well I'm not sure if I can ever bring myself to wear gauchos again, but I could see these working with denim cut-offs, at the knee or higher!

These are the only high-anythings that I wear regularly. It has a hidden ~1inch platform and comes to about 4 inch lift or whatever, the heel/wedge is wooden.... they make me a bit over 6'1 so i don't wear these coz i'm short. :wink: I prefer wedges over heels, definitely because they are much easier to walk in and more comfortable. I like platform heels for whatever reason, but I especially like the hidden platform b/c they're much more subtle.

Anyway, these are awesome because they go with most of my jeans (which is what I wear most of the time)--especially skinnies and they look great with skirts due to the strap and buckle. :]

If I had the money I would definitely go for Balenciagaf06 booties and kneehigh platform wedge boots.[/QUOTE]

Those are super cute. I think the hidden platform allows them to appear less clunky, because some wedges tend to do that. Those have a more light appearance. Love them.

Just got these Fendi shoes from Ebay:

FND0000300017_20080215_16182_normal.jpg

Im also planning on getting these this week:

2340181864_d7ef04b9d3.jpg

photos from my flickr.com

looove!
omg those balenciagas that mk n ash always wear
im gonna steal them!
they are soo cute!
omg i want want want
balenciagabootsze2.jpg

2305934429_0bee2b324f.jpg

oh and that givenchy jacket is TO DIE FOR!!

i have wedges and they're not bad but something about me sticks to the old-fashioned heel. i like the separate-ness of it.

oh wow i guess i for got to credit the site
where i took one of the photos from but it was from
style.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->