What designer dominates your wardrobe?

I read these rundown of designers and sigh with envy. The most designer-y I get is with handbags. Although in clothing, I do have at least 2 of each of the following:
Mike&Chris
Burberry
Alexander Wang
Vena Cava

Commes des Garcons, Margiela, Ann Demeulemeester - ONE DAY I WILL HAVE SOME OF YOU IN MY CLOSET!

underwear: I have about a dozen D&G and Dolce&Gabbana thongs and bras and undies by LaPerla, Simone Péréle, Valisère, etc.

clothes: The rest of my wardrobe is quite mixed. I used to be obsessed with Custo Barcelona a few years ago and have about 15 Custo tops.
Now my obsession is American Vintage and honestly I wouldn't mind having only AV pieces in my wardrobe since it's like the only stuff I ever wear.
I own a few things by D&G, Marc by Marc Jacobs, Tommy Hilfiger, J Brand, etc.
I have a nice collection of leather jackets and coats and that's probably the most expensive part of my wardrobe.

shoes & bags: As longs as it's real leather I don't care if it has a label on it or not.

I like buying good quality stuff, but I don't feel the need to buy high fashion designer clothes as long as I can't exactly afford it. :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
clothes: can't afford big name brands....i shop around...recently i happened to buy some hanii y's dresses...i look at the pieces than the brands
shoes: chloe boots very comfy, others are jimmy choo heels, recently i fell in love with marni...narrow toe box fits my narrow feet :smile:
bags: ysl, chanel

I live in 4-seasons climate, so that includes pieces for all seasons. 7 or thereabouts: prada, ysl, narcisso rodriguez, burberry, marc jacobs/mbmj. 3+: balenciaga, gucci (from Tom Ford's era), dolce & gabbana (suits), and 1-2 pieces from various other designers.

haha... in percentage i probably own mostly american apparel -- though i don't think i've ever had that "american apparel look" once in my life! it's just that i wear a ton of camis, tights, v-necks -- and if you factor in things to wear for the gym or dance etc -- AA seems to be my go-to place for that. though alex wang "T" shirts + tanks are starting to replace them... yet strangely what i own the most of isn't necessarily what i wear the most.

in order from most to least:

dior homme by hedi slimane
rick owens
number (n)ine
maison martin margiela
ann demeulemeester

also have a ton of uniqlo tees if that counts

surprised i dont have any raf simons anymore

haha... in percentage i probably own mostly american apparel -- though i don't think i've ever had that "american apparel look" once in my life! it's just that i wear a ton of camis, tights, v-necks -- and if you factor in things to wear for the gym or dance etc -- AA seems to be my go-to place for that. though alex wang "T" shirts + tanks are starting to replace them... yet strangely what i own the most of isn't necessarily what i wear the most.

same thing for me! i have lots of AA "staples" for layering or lounging around, but i tend to dress things up... a bit of DVF, ralph lauren, prada, marc jacobs, and ferragamo shoes, some ysl and balenciaga here and there.

missoni mostly for clothes/accessories

but most of my shoes are from topshop!

For clothes i think it`s armani jeans D&G and moschino.
Shoes again moschino, gianmarco lorenzi, nando muzi.
Bags & accessories - LV.

Clothes: Bebe, Guess?, Forever 21, Arden B.

Shoes: Bebe, Guess?, Creative Recreation, Ecko Red

Accessories: Betsey Johnson, Bebe, Guess?, L.A.M.B.

Mostly mall brands. I'm just getting into more expensive high-end stuff... so hopefully in time I'll be able to add more L.A.M.B., Alexander McQueen, Coach, Burberry, and Louboutin in there.

Hmm.

-Helmut Lang (old back when HL was at the head of the comp)
-Lanvin
-Martin Margiela
-Ann Demeulemeester
-Rick Owens
-Cloak
-Uniqlo (white tees)

Hmm.

-Helmut Lang (old back when HL was at the head of the comp)
-Lanvin
-Martin Margiela
-Ann Demeulemeester
-Rick Owens
-Cloak
-Uniqlo (white tees)

Oh yeah, also Thom Browne, CdG/Junya.

Ok just went thru my closet and:
Sonia Rykiel by far the most
Lanvin
YSL
Max Mara
Celine
J Crew:DLove J crew!
Armani

My closet is dominated by Rick Owens... i try to calculate how many pieces i have from RO and the result is 22.... OMG...
after that...
Margiela
Label Under Construction
Lanvin
Dries van Noten
Carpe Diem
Junya
Tonello
AnnD

I don't have my favorite shop or brand, most popular brand is probably.. my own made clothes!
But still i have 8 Tara Jarmon dresses and that's a quite big obsession already =)

clothes: mcqueen :heart: :cry: prada, miu miu
shoes: louboutins, hoping to add some nicholas kirkwood soon.

I have some jeans from Diesel and J Brand.

Dresses and tops from McQ.

Scarves and two tank tops from McQueen.

I get money from my job at MAC Cosmetics, my Etsy business and I do make up for people. I just save up little by little and get them when I have enough.

In a dream world: Alexander McQueen, Christian Lacroix and Lanvin. :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aleeee
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->