What did you discard today?

fashionista-ta

Reaction score
We have a thread about what you bought today ... and as we all know, if it's a one-way street, it becomes a problem :wink: So ... what did you discard today? (or recently ...)

This week I donated three bins of books and a box of magazines ...

I recently gave all my post-2005 Nylon magazines that found their way through my room to my 16 year-old cousin. she loved them obviously.

Also got rid of some basics and sportswear that I don't use and are taking too much space..
.. accidently threw my credit card in that bag too btw.. :wacko:

I moved house only last week and got rid of tonnes of stuff to charity. Clothes,shoes,books,and just really random stuff.

Recently I recycled my entire collection of newspapers (I used to save each paper I received), something I've been meaning to do for ages now. It hurt so bad, but now my house isn't overrun with paper. Still, I have to wonder - would those articles about politics, sports, and weather be worth something someday, had I saved them? :unsure:

Only two pairs of shoes, and they were really old and tatty! Man it's hard to throw shoes away. :(

Recently I recycled my entire collection of newspapers (I used to save each paper I received), something I've been meaning to do for ages now. It hurt so bad, but now my house isn't overrun with paper. Still, I have to wonder - would those articles about politics, sports, and weather be worth something someday, had I saved them? :unsure:

That's fantastic, good for you!!! :buzz:

Hmmm I think it’s pretty futile to hold onto to things just incase they become valuable (I’m not judging you I’ve had the same thoughts when recycling magazines!)
Or maybe I'm just a clean freak?

^ The thing is, yeah, everything will be worth something (but probably just a few dollars) if you hold onto it long enough. For me, the consequences of holding onto useless junk aren't worth the couple dollars I might get many decades from now :wink:

Since we have a charity that comes by our neighborhood about 3-4 times a year, I recently got rid of about 10 tops and pants I no longer need/like/can wear (too big). I do have about 3-4 pairs of jeans that I wore holes in the thighs that I need to figure out what to do with. I just don’t want to toss them for some reason. :lol:

I also got rid of about 50 magazines and catalogs.

I was thinking about making some skirts actually (but I already have pleanty)

I went through and sorted my wardrobe, and put away my autumn/winter clothes & discared (gave to my mum...) a black pencil skirt, a grey pencil skirt & a black and grey ruffled neck top that I wasn't that interested in anymore...

I'm going through a big clear out phase at the moment.

I keep all of my monthly magazines and it was just getting too much, so I've been going through them all gradually and ripping out things that inspire me from them, when I'm done I'm going to put them all together into a scrap book.

Also I've been selling quite a few things on eBay, clothes and shoes. But last week I gave away three bin bags full of clothes, shoes and bags that I haven't worn for years, but was holding onto, to charity.

It definately feels good to let things go and the extra space always helps!

I bagged up some books and magazines to take into work tomorrow night for the residents and other staff to read. I've also got a full bag to take to the charity shop with CDs, DVDs and some clothes

I have things to throw out (holey leggings haha)
And I have sorted through things I just never wear but have being hoarding hahaha
So I'm going to leave them out for the charity people on Monday
I was hoping to sort through my wardrobe so much that I could actually not have a bent rail nin my wardrobe... but so far all I 've managed is to make enough room to fit a few more hangers on. I need to be more ruthless!

Today I said goodbye to my favorite SS black silk sweater that I've had for some years now. I'd had the cleaners repair it twice ... I began to realize something was wrong ... today I took a closer look and realized it is falling apart at the seams :rolleyes: It went out on a high note--it accompanied me to a successful interview today.

Also lately, two pairs of tights turned up with holes in the feet, and I suspect my puppy :P She is enamored of anything that has been on my feet :wub: One pair was just plain black, but the other pair was a special silver grey and black floral jacquard ...

i chucked an old jar of mud mask and an old t shirt...
*hard for me because i hate throwing anything in the trash...
but i'm trying to clear out the old and make room for some new...

:P

I'm getting some stuff ready to donate to a truck that's coming by my street Monday morning, and I just finished bagging up a handful of my old sorority shirts from college, haha, I know I won't be wearing those again any time soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NavidNoor
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->