What Do You Consider As Petite?

I think it's not only height. It's a combination of both. Or at least I assume that's what magazines are referring to when they mentioned petites. When they talk about petites, they never, ever once showed a short and fat model.

Petite - small size. In terms of both height and weight.

Im 5'11 and i sometimes buy petite tops :innocent:

but generally i'd say people with a small frame and about 5'3 and under, i used to really want to be petite, now i don't mind

Since the average American woman is 5'4", I'd say someone 5'2" and under...

im 5'7 and a size 2 and ppl always say im petit! i get mad! hehe..i mean for us 5'7ers with heels...Choo's and what not..we reach atleast 5'10 which is tall..but they still call me petit! lol i think anyone 5'4 and thin is petit

Petite is mostly to do with height... petite sizes go up to 14. :wink:

shorter girls have shorter arms, torsos, and legs... all of which don't fit correctly if you're petite and you shop in the regular sections.

I have heard that men and women interpret the term "petite" differently. For the ladies, it's anyone who is below average height (5'4 in North America). For guys, it's anyone who is skinny and not too tall. So someone who is say, 5'8 and wears a 4 is "petite."

in the UK pettite is 5'2/5'3 and under. it is normally the only sections in the shop which stock size 6 (UK size) and go up to size 14/16 in some places i think.

where i work, we sell petite up to size 20. i have no idea what this is in usa but it is large. petite refers to height and such things as leg and body length. i don't think weight matters when it comes to clothes.

i'm 5ft 2 and 112 pounds. i consider this petite.

I'm 5'2" and size 2 but I dont think I'm petite, I just think I'm short. I always thought you have to be short and also have small bone structure.

I always thought petite was short (under 5'4) and a smaller clothing size (say, size 8 and below Australian)....

For me 5'3 160cm is average for a woman,and under is petite.

For man less than 5'7 170cm.

I'm SO not petite. In European sizes I'm a 31, which is humongo! And I'm 5'3, and over 110lbs! I'm what you would call...fat? I weigh 125.

sexydaydreamer said:
I'm SO not petite. In European sizes I'm a 31, which is humongo! And I'm 5'3, and over 110lbs! I'm what you would call...fat? I weigh 125.

You are petite. Anyone woman under 5'4 is petite. There is such a thing as a plus-petite (though I really doubt you are. What is a European 31? I've never heard of this size. I thought European sizes went 34, 36, 38, etc? With 34 being the equivilent of a US 2?)

embarrassing question but here goes..

what is a size 2 in terms of australian size? a 6 or 8?

I consider myself petite. I'm barely 5 ft and weigh around 90 lbs, prolly a bit less. I wear a size 0 and XS .... And I'm 28 so I'm not getting any taller :huh:

Some brands size 0 are still big for me :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->