What Do You Feel About Marc Jacobs Bags?

I like them. Problem is, they always look the same, just changing the colours according to the mood of the season.

Nemova

i like them, i think the dark indigo stella bag is very cute. but i don't think i'd buy one. saving up for chanel. i can only afford one thousand doller or so bag at a time, you know! :winkiss:

I think they are kind of boring & heavy looking compared to other bags :innocent:

to be honest, I never understand the hype about MJ bags.
they are kinda cheap looking to me, and the hardware looks tacky and ugly IMO.
I also think that they are overpriced for what they are.
:ninja:

nothing special.
i rather spent 300 dollars more on a CHANEL than a MJ!! :innocent:

they looik bland to me and chunky :yuk:

I agree with Leyla--too bland, nothing special.

They all look the same and nothing changes season after season. Plus I think they are just too ubiquitous at this point. :yuk:

i was in dc this past weekend i swear that they were handing out marc jacobs bags on the welcome wagon...every little girl in georgetown was wearing one...they are cute, don't get me wrong, but in a j. crew kind of way...i think they had their moment a couple of years ago when they were kind of still insider, but now they are incorporated into that whole preppy look which really isn't that exciting

I used to want a stella so bad, then i just eventualy got over the need :lol: but i agree, not "classic" enough , and too over used.

I think they're cute, but I wouldn't buy one myself. First, they're young and sporty looking, which is not the look I personally go for when buying bags. But, more importantly, I don't think they have a classic look to them.

MJ bags aren't ugly...in fact they're pretty cute. But definitely not creative nor worth the money IMO

I'm not an MJ fan, to me they look like something you could buy at the Gap.

Originally posted by Glamourina@Mar 26th, 2004 - 8:27 pm
that's because the head Marc Jacobs Collection accesories designer recently left to go the Gap. (Can't remember her name, I want to say it was Emma something).

Originally posted by chickonspeed@Mar 26th, 2004 - 8:30 am
I agree with Leyla--too bland, nothing special.

They all look the same and nothing changes season after season. Plus I think they are just too ubiquitous at this point. :yuk:
Chick gets points for using the world UBIQUITOUS.

:wink:

:smile:

Originally posted by MJCouture+Mar 27th, 2004 - 8:00 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MJCouture @ Mar 27th, 2004 - 8:00 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Glamourina@Mar 26th, 2004 - 8:27 pm
that's because the head Marc Jacobs Collection accesories designer recently left to go the Gap. (Can't remember her name, I want to say it was Emma something). [/b][/quote]
Emma Hill :smile:

emma hill's bags for the gap are adorable..i have a purple corduroy one that i love...

i like the red bag scarlett carried in lost in translation...i thought that was a very nice visual detail...it really worked :flower:

I love Marc Jacobs everything.. although I do agree that the bags are overpriced. But then again, what designer bag isn't overpriced?:P

I love some of his bags.

Stella, Sophia - hopefully I will acquire one in the near future... :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bellbell
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"