What Do You Think Of G-star, Energie, And Diesel

Oxy_Gen

Reaction score
The trendy brand around here and among teenagers is Diesel, I love Diesel but I feel that it is being played out and getting boring. It also gets tiredsome to see almost everyone with the same Diesel shoes, just in different colors (especially the Wish one) even though I have 8 pairs of Diesels :P (Wham, Pow, Landis, Delfi, Anderson, Viking, Libra, Shaeln)

So I was thinking of going with another different style/brand...something like Energie, G-Star, or GSUS.

What do you think of those brands? I'm not very familiar with those brands though, I just like what I have seen so far. :smile:

i like diesels because of their fit. i dont care if people say italian denim is played out.

What do you mean by Italian denim being played out? What is Italian denim?

i absolutely LOATHE those labels

they are the most common 'trendy' high street labels. i dislike both the clothes AND the types who wear them

its so wannabe metrosexual
stone washed jeans with rips
jackets with diagonal zips and sewn on badges
t-shirts with words printed that makes NO SENCE at all

:sick: i cant stand any of it

Originally posted by Oxy_Gen@Feb 8th, 2004 - 5:08 am
What do you mean by Italian denim being played out? What is Italian denim?
energie, diesel, replay, gas etc

Hey Acid, you know what else is just brutal, people that drive RED cars! I mean really, who do they think they are!
Give me a break.

Oxy I own things from all the lines you mentioned. Diesel jeans are still my favorite, but for t-shirts Energie makes some quality stuff, nice feel to it.
Energie is a bit more expensive than Diesel,(and funkier) G-sus less, G-star about the same. Gas jeans, same catagory.
I don't think you can go wrong with any of them. People just might not be familiar with the labels, if you care about that.
I'm in an area where Diesel is barely noticed and the other brands you mentioned forget it, nobody's heard of any of them. Therefore I make long drives and internet buys to supply myself.
I just like the stuff they make.
If you like cool denim you should also check out Paper Denim &cloth, they make some really cool stuff.

labels such as diesel are to me so discreet that there is no poitn even entioning them as a trend.. :rolleyes:
its just a matter if they suit your body or not :innocent:

I don't particularly care for them, myself. However, I have recently (within the last 4-5 years, I'd say) discovered that I simply dislike "trick denim." Printed, overdyed, fades, rips, zips, appliques, faux-dirt, glitter, ect. They get tatty-looking after a couple of wearings, if they weren't eye-searingly horrible to start with. They're utterly dated in a few months.

I would far rather get a classic pair of Levis in natural dark indigo and wear them in myself. Then the fade ends up in the right places and they're a true classic. A good pair of worn out Levis can go year after year, and nobody would say "She obviously bought those jeans Fall '99."

too bland, too banal, too used-up, too common, too expensive for what you get, too pop-culture, and the list goes on...

Originally posted by faust@Feb 9th, 2004 - 10:04 am
too bland, too banal, too used-up, too common, too expensive for what you get, too pop-culture, and the list goes on...
and on and on and on...I'm a levis girl all the way

paper denim and cloth is cute thoughand earl fits well,habitual makes cute jackets...but who doesn't already have a denim jacket... how many can you own?!?

Originally posted by Oxy_Gen@Feb 8th, 2004 - 1:34 am

So I was thinking of going with another different style/brand...something like Energie, G-Star, or GSUS.

What do you think of those brands? I'm not very familiar with those brands though, I just like what I have seen so far. :smile:
i L-O-V-E GSUS!! :heart: got a bunch o stuff at a samplw sale...ultra cool!!! some of it's kind of out there, but if you're in your 20's or younger...very cool...one of my best kept secrets... :innocent:

Originally posted by softgrey+Feb 9th, 2004 - 11:09 am--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(softgrey @ Feb 9th, 2004 - 11:09 am)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-faust@Feb 9th, 2004 - 10:04 am
and on and on and on...I'm a levis girl all the way

paper denim and cloth is cute thoughand earl fits well,habitual makes cute jackets...but who doesn't already have a denim jacket... how many can you own?!? [/b][/quote]
I'd definitely pick PDC over those brands.

Denim is such an easy thing to do and sell that everyone wants to do it.

I would suggest 2 brands :

1- Energie : Thier clothes (specially tops) are very hot trendy and unique that you could be easily noticed.

2- J. Lindeberg: Lindeberg is the guy who co-designed the Diesel brand.He now has his own brand. Thier stuff is more expensive than Disel but are more trendy. They are known for thier funky belts which could turn a typical plain suit look into a rock star look . They have great unique outfits. Very rare.
:wink:

Originally posted by As You Like It@Feb 9th, 2004 - 7:42 am
I simply dislike "trick denim." Printed, overdyed, fades, rips, zips, appliques, faux-dirt, glitter, ect.
I dislike 'trick denim' - unless it makes my thighs look like twigs!!!! :lol: :innocent:

eta- I love diesel when I'm not too heavy. Energie was worn a bit in NY around 4 years ago? I forget the cut of the jean- it had a crease... Don't esp love Energie. Replay and G star never really took off here so far as I've noticed? There's some other Italian denim which I noticed in europe years ago - i want to say it was _something_ Boy.... Didn't make it here I guess.

actually, I think some clothes by Diesel and Energie are quite nice and unique,
I don't see them as a "trend", though.

those clothes are not my style and I don't really wear them, but I say they are some nice looking casual wears. and I see a lot of teen girls or even girls in their 20's looking great in them.

those brands are perfect for teenagers..not over 25..it IS too pop culture for older people..

Diesel: boring broing, soo mainstream , ist not fashion

Energie: very cool, good jeans, some of it is a bit to flashy though

G- Sat: very good jeans, veyr mdoern, i liek the cuts alot and teh inovative styels, btu still has kind of authentic feel

Gsus: I doutn really know about tehre jeans, btu i vloe there stuff, its really cool, but as Softgrey* said some is abit out tehre, but I really liek it.

Originally posted by foxinthesnow@Feb 9th, 2004 - 8:09 pm
There's some other Italian denim which I noticed in europe years ago - i want to say it was _something_ Boy.... Didn't make it here I guess.
Well, I'm italian and I guess you're talkin' about WitBoy (maybe)... well is terrible! It's the perfect look of techno-country people... the worst style I've ever seen.

Diesel was kinda good some years ago, but right now they haven't been able to create something with some innovation in it... I find Diesel jeans pretty boring, while almost everything else is ugly and basically "trash".

Energie is pretty much the same of Diesel, but is ever more popular... I can't see myself wearing a pair of those.

G-Star, for what I knew, is a deutch brand, but I might be wrong. It's the better brand among those but still I don't like 'em very much... for the same price I can get something better.

i love diesel jeans because they make my butt look amazing! :lol: but anything else is way overpriced for its quality IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->