What do you think of 'L'OFFICIEL' magazine?

balmain1914

Reaction score
It seems not that easy to spot IT Girls(like supermodels) on this Parisian magazine,comparing with VOGUEs,no matter the cover or editorials.But,it is better than VOGUE U.S. and VOGUE Australia.
It is a fashion magazine with history,but Is it still very HIT and chic nowdays when ROITFELD comes ?

for me, i prefer L'OFFICIEL china to VOGUE china.

although the editorials of L'OFFICIEL is not so fancy ,amanzing as VOGUE, i find its content ,articles are much better than those of vogue.

L'OFFICIEL China edition..hmm,I heard that there's an L'OFFICIEL Nippon edition,but still goes on???Does anyone know about that?

frome google.com i find no information about L'OFFICIEL Nippon

frome google.com i find no information about L'OFFICIEL Nippon

There was L'Officiel Japan (Nippon), but maybe it was closed (or not)
L'Officiel Japan 85th Anniversary

There are 13 International editions of L'Officiel See Here
And 5 International editions of L'Officiel Hommes
There're also seasonable issues :
L'OFFICIEL VOYAGE
L'OFFICIEL 1000 MODELES HOMMES
L'OFFICIEL 1000 MODELES DESIGN
L'OFFICIEL 1000 MODELES HAUTE COUTURE
L'OFFICIEL 1000 MODELES ACCESSOIRES
L'OFFICIEL 1000 MODELES PARIS-LONDON
L'OFFICIEL 1000 MODELES MILAN, NEW YORK

although the editorials of L'OFFICIEL is not so fancy ,amanzing as VOGUE, i find its content ,articles are much better than those of vogue.
I can say the same about L'Officiel Russia. The text content is pretty good and some eds are cool too. I used to buy Vogue and Bazaar each monts, but now I prefer Vogue and L'Officiel

I like the choice of models too, it's not the same faces that every other magazine uses and these rarely seen faces add to the mystique of each ed. I approve! :D

I don't think it can be compared with American Vogue.
They both have completely different aesthetics, but you could maybe compare it to Vogue Paris? I'm not entitled to much of an opinion seeing as Officiel isn't available near me.

I really like L'Officiel. The edits are good and simple, they don't compare to Vogue Paris though. I haven't read it though, seeing as how L'Officiel isn't in English but I really like the layout of the French edition. It seems as though there is good content because I look through the L'Officiel archives on Jalou Gallery. Some of the pages are really beautiful and Vogue Paris, US Vogue, Numero, etc. they don't do that but I really like it. I'll post an example if I can. I really want to start collecting the French edition. I'm headed off to the Members Exchange Magazines thread. ^_^

I don't like what they change with the logo.
Now,the staff put the letter 'L' out of the letter 'O'

L'OFFICIEL HOMMES is my favourite Magazine……

for me, i prefer L'OFFICIEL china to VOGUE china.

Me too!L'OFFICIEL used to be my favourite magazine among all the chinese magazines when I was in high school(but we didn't have vogue china at that time:lol:)they always have the best content&articles(partly translated from L'OFFICIEL Paris),you can actually READ them.most time i bought vogue just because of the eds,and never pay attention to the articles....love the VOGUE SHOP selection though^_^

I like the french version of L'Officiel aka L'Officiel Paris. I think you can't really compare it to Vogue Paris for example or Numéro, two of the most talked-about magazines from France and it's better so as each has its own aesthetic, its own kind of models. L'Officiel choices of models could be described as odd sometimes, barely relevant if your aim is to spot the "girls of the moment" but they offer an alternative showing both new faces and girls that don't get that much work outside of it.
As for their aesthetic per se, it's a bit old-school, "suranné" in old-fashioned French :lol: and that's what I like with it. They have different photographers as well most of times which isn't a bad thing. I don't know much about the international editions of it, except a few editorials from Brazil I remember.

I like its seasonal issue "L'OFFICIEL COLLECTION",which will be publised as RTW collections(female and male),COUTURE collections..and the staff also translate the words into english which is nice of French people....

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->