What is your favorite piece of clothing?

I think there's a name for it - when stripes match up like that they're called 'mitered', I think it probably applies to plaid, too...

I thought mitering was only when you matched up a pattern cut on the bias so that it made chevrons. But yeah, it's basically the same thing. I swear to you it took about as long to cut that darn dress out as it took to put it together!

what.jpg

mine was my prom dress - not because its so great or anything. just memories *awww*

As You Like It said:
It varies a LOT for me. I simply refuse to own clothes I don't like a lot, however I have a couple of items that it always makes me unspeakably happy to wear.

orangediscofront.jpg
orangediscofabric2.jpg

You have got to understand, the awesome power harnessed in this kind of intense polyester is a strength not lightly given to mortal woman. I am absolutely the Disco Queen when I wear this dress.
mediscoside.jpg

plaidfront.jpg

Glazed ultrasuede. It's not taseful, but it rocks my socks. I made this one, and I am really proud of how my plaid matches on all of the seams going around the dress!

redwoolfront.sized.jpg
redwoolbodice.sized.jpg
redwoolbacksm.sized.jpg

Please excuse the appalling picture quality...I need to re-do these. Anyway, this dress is from the 1940s and it really kicked off my whole love of 1930-1960 fashion. It has buttons all the way down the back. Something like 40 of them. This dress was made right after the CC4 restrictions were removed. it has New Look length, but the skirt is still fairly slim-fitting, and the maker went mad with the buttons. I wore this for my graduation picture!
asyoulikeit, your wardrobe is faboulous!! :heart: :flower: :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->