What Magazines Have You Bought/Received Recently?

mc9.jpg

March Marie Claire with Debra Messing on the cover...

new(ish) ads:

D&G 2 pg. (I recognize Caroline Winberg, but there are 2 other gals)
Emporio Armani 2 pg. (Eva Green)
Just Cavalli 2 pg. (??)
Blugirl/Blumarine 1 pg. (??)
O Oscar de la Renta 2 pg. (Michelle Buswell and Michelle Alves)
DKNY Underwear 1 pg. (Caitroina plus 3 others)
Calvin Klein 4 pg. (Angela Lindvall, this is the better line that Amber did last season)
Adidas by Stella McCartney 2 pg.
Armani Exchange 1 pg. (not Alessandra)
Michael Michael Kors 3 pg. (Molly Sims, Jason Lewis)
Bebe 1 pg. (looks like Nicole Trunfio)
Keds 2 pg. (Mischa Barton)

eds:
"Passage to India" by Neil Kirk. Bekah Jenkins

"Shine of the Times" by Tiziano Magni. Angie Schmidt and Natasha Gilbert in lush brocades.

"Married with Accessories" by Karin Catt. Faceless model in bright clothes and accessories.

"Wild at Heart" by Joshua Jordan. Alek Wek in animal prints. I think she does this ed. at least once a year for them.

The Helena Christensen cover is Vogue Italia giorello - jewellery I take it. So it's nothing like the Meisel fix we all know and love :wink:

kimair said:
mc9.jpg

March Marie Claire with Debra Messing on the cover...

new(ish) ads:

D&G 2 pg. (I recognize Caroline Winberg, but there are 2 other gals)
Emporio Armani 2 pg. (Eva Green)
Just Cavalli 2 pg. (??)
Blugirl/Blumarine 1 pg. (??)
O Oscar de la Renta 2 pg. (Michelle Buswell and Michelle Alves)
DKNY Underwear 1 pg. (Caitroina plus 3 others)
Calvin Klein 4 pg. (Angela Lindvall, this is the better line that Amber did last season)
Adidas by Stella McCartney 2 pg.
Armani Exchange 1 pg. (not Alessandra)
Michael Michael Kors 3 pg. (Molly Sims, Jason Lewis)
Bebe 1 pg. (looks like Nicole Trunfio)
Keds 2 pg. (Mischa Barton)

eds:
"Passage to India" by Neil Kirk. Bekah Jenkins

"Shine of the Times" by Tiziano Magni. Angie Schmidt and Natasha Gilbert in lush brocades.

"Married with Accessories" by Karin Catt. Faceless model in bright clothes and accessories.

"Wild at Heart" by Joshua Jordan. Alek Wek in animal prints. I think she does this ed. at least once a year for them.

I think one of the D&G girls other than Caroline Winberg (this is at least her 2nd D&G ad) is Mimi Roche. She looked fantastic at Gucci and Helmut Lang but not on the D&G ad. But I am surprised that they picked pretty party dresses to feature in the campaign. Normally D&G is a lot more hard-core.
00100f.jpg
00350f.jpg

The girl in Just Cavalli is awful. I have seen her face, but don't remember her name. That Armani Exchange girl also looks familiar. But she isn't as good as Alessandra.

Michelle Alves looks great in O Oscar de la Renta. Can't say the same about the clothes. Both O and Michael by Michael Kors are such terrible sell-outs.

Angela Lindvall's Calvin Klein spread is disappointing.

I am pretty sure that the Bebe girl is the same 5'6-tall girl that they have been using for the past couple seasons (except the last season). Her name is Olga. Nicole Trunfio has much longer legs.

Seems like you got different ads than I did, kimair. I didn't have DKNY or Emporio Armani, but instead I saw:

Fernanda for Nine West (for the 5th season straight, prob)
Heidi Klum for Liz Claiborne
Marissa Miller for Michael Stars

Alek Wek's editorial featured some nice pieces, but overall it's just okay. Marie Claire used to be my favorite high-street fashionzine but now it's been completely eclipsed by Lucky.

Last edited by a moderator:
Now, the much hyped 70-pg tabloid-styled editorial includes everyone on the cover plus Amber Valletta, Hana, Liya Kebede, Isabeli Fontana, and some unidentified. Not only that the models were not air-brushed, they barely had makeup on either. In spite of showing the (predictably) harsh faces of Amber, Missy, and Hannelore, this is a brilliant mockery of celebrity. Style-wise, it is spot-on: Juicy jumpsuits, uggs, cowboy boots, bare foot (take that, Britney!), dress over pants, studded belts, army jackets, tube dresses, oversized shades, ethnic jewelry, thongs hanging out, and the pregnant belly and entourage should provoke a laugh or two. Celebrities that immediately come to mind: Madonna, Kate Moss, Sienna Miller, Kate Hudson, the Olsen twins, Mischa Barton, Pam Anderson. My complaint is that the styling was inconsistent. The ed should be styled like the cover, which managed to make the clothes look desirable. Also, not enough "It" bags--celebs would wear Birkens and Vuitton's cherry bags when they take out the trash. It may not have achieved much stylistically, but it was very funny.

yes i adored this editorial. its concept was so refreshing compared to a lot of the same over-used editorial concepts. and i loved the non-airbrushed, little make up models. a great editorial. i'll remember it for a long time.

Thanks for the link model mom. This is too funny!

Sienna Miller, 23, famous for starring in the television adaptation of Jilly Cooper's Riders and for potentially marrying Jude Law, is trying to look "London" in a black John Lennon cap. She has raised her left leg in the air, like a Labrador relieving itself in Hyde Park.

LibertyRose said:
Now, the much hyped 70-pg tabloid-styled editorial includes everyone on the cover plus Amber Valletta, Hana, Liya Kebede, Isabeli Fontana, and some unidentified. Not only that the models were not air-brushed, they barely had makeup on either. In spite of showing the (predictably) harsh faces of Amber, Missy, and Hannelore, this is a brilliant mockery of celebrity. Style-wise, it is spot-on: Juicy jumpsuits, uggs, cowboy boots, bare foot (take that, Britney!), dress over pants, studded belts, army jackets, tube dresses, oversized shades, ethnic jewelry, thongs hanging out, and the pregnant belly and entourage should provoke a laugh or two. Celebrities that immediately come to mind: Madonna, Kate Moss, Sienna Miller, Kate Hudson, the Olsen twins, Mischa Barton, Pam Anderson. My complaint is that the styling was inconsistent. The ed should be styled like the cover, which managed to make the clothes look desirable. Also, not enough "It" bags--celebs would wear Birkens and Vuitton's cherry bags when they take out the trash. It may not have achieved much stylistically, but it was very funny.

here's some pics:

sml20050128a002.jpg

sml20050128a003.jpg

sml20050128a004.jpg

sml20050128a005.jpg

sml20050128a006.jpg

sml20050128a007.jpg

sml20050128a008.jpg

I finally bought the new Italian Vogue. I loved the celebrity editorial and loved the many pages devoted to the spring runway shows. I wish US Vogue or any US magazine did that.

But my favorite thing was the fact that the cover says 'Steven Miesel: Hollywood Style.'

What American fashion magazine do we have the photographers name in big letters and no Kates, Jennifers, or Jessicas.

Lucky Italians.:wink:

who's gonna be on the next US vogue cover for march? when is the issue on sale?

Italian Vogue has outdone American Vogue. But we gotta admit these two magazines have distinctly different principles and readers. Don't be fooled by the "Vogue" label. I think each Vogue represents its respective country and has its own uniqueness.

liberty33r1b said:
who's gonna be on the next US vogue cover for march? when is the issue on sale?

An unnamed Internet source said it would be Naomi Watts. The Ring 2 comes out in March.

The issue typically goes on sale the 3rd Wed. of the month.

Naomi is on the cover of Glamour for March so it sounds like it will be someone else for Vogue...

kimair said:
here's some pics:
sml20050128a002.jpg

sml20050128a003.jpg

sml20050128a004.jpg

sml20050128a005.jpg

sml20050128a007.jpg

sml20050128a008.jpg
this ed is making me wanna buy Italian vogue! it's so good! :heart: shame Eugenia isn't part of it! :cry: But i'll buy it even though it's so expensive here! :angry:

kimair said:
And yes, lady in purple is Hana! :flower: Thanks for those, kimair! :rolleyes:

tortoisie said:
this ed is making me wanna buy Italian vogue! it's so good! :heart: shame Eugenia isn't part of it! :cry: But i'll buy it even though it's so expensive here! :angry:

And yes, lady in purple is Hana! :flower: Thanks for those, kimair! :rolleyes:

hi there tortoisie! :flower: :heart:

I just bought Russian Harper's Bazaar and Italian Flair with Hana and Luca!

I love the pixx in the Russian Mags but I can't read any Russian! :doh:

(I'm just scanning it all in at the mo) :wink:

See ya
bb :woot:

Glamour - Naomi Watts (somewhere her publicist is fuming over the awful cover), with an Angela Missoni editorial (bad).

Lucky - Kerri Russell (cold).

Not crazy about either. Lucky's been off track since this year.

Will post pix as soon as they come up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->