What Magazines Have You Bought/Received Recently?

First Donald Trump, now Sandra Bullock. Sigh, I knew the Michelle Pfeiffer/Catherine Deneuve cover was too good to be true. US Vogue doesn't celebrate class.

cosmo0305jessicaalba.jpg

Jessica Alba on the cvr of US Cosmo in a Burberry dress. She is an ideal Cosmo girl, but this cover didn't take full advantage of that. She looks like an average tanned blonde, eager to please. But the inside was not bad. A bunch of new cosmetics ads--Maybelline's launched a triple threat with Kristen Davis, Erin Wasson, and Josie Maran. I have to say that among all the mass-market brands such as Revlon, CoverGirl, Neutrogena, and Loreal, Maybelline has the best ads. Tasha Tilberg's CoverGirl ad is on the back cover. I love Tasha, but not here. In addition, Roberto Cavalli has been putting his lingerie ad in Cosmo for a while, so Kate Moss fans might want to check this out--it's a picture that has yet to be seen in other mags.

The stars of Closer (my 2nd fave movie this year next to Collateral) are on two covers: Clive Owen on Esquire (Eva Mendes has a photo spread), Natalie Portman on Premiere (curly hair).

I bought Feburary UK Vogue w/ Cindy Crawford on the cvr. The cvr was awful and I was hoping that I could skip this issue to save some $$$, but I could not resist the Lily Donaldson/Carter Smith ed. They made the usually quirky Donaldson conventionally beautiful, with crimson lips and Veronica Lake waves. UK Vogue seems to love make blondes look that way as of late: Angela Lindvall in Nov and Dec, Michelle Buswell in Jan, Lily Donaldson in Feb, and Julia Stegner in March. For those who are interested, Daria, Gemma Ward, Valentina share several group shots, and Michelle Buswell is in a makeup ed.

Rating March Magazines, first round:

Elle: B
Lucky: B-
Glamour: C
Cosmopolitan: B-

This issue of Elle is a pretty good choice for those who collect fashion ad campaigns (better than Vanity Fair). A lot of the ads are new (different from the ones I've seen:( Alberta Ferretti, Bottega Veneta, Calvin Klein, Carolina Herrera (Anouck), Prada (Shannon Click), Oscar de la Renta (Diana Dondoe and an unidentified), and Stella McCartney (Angela Lindvall). The editorials are not strong at all, but Maja and Vivien Solari are there. Plus I dig the Eva Mendes spread. :P

I desperatly want you to start your own magazine. I will buy it. Every month.

bazaar rumour-

march bazaar cover...gwen stefani...? rumoured....
will have friday....

Elle UK, angelina jolie on cover. nice cover actually, not too fuzzy

Wow, Bazaar is so off the mark. Gwen Stefani? Six months after everyone else did her? What is their problem?! Christ.

LibertyRose said:
First Donald Trump, now Sandra Bullock. Sigh, I knew the Michelle Pfeiffer/Catherine Deneuve cover was too good to be true. US Vogue doesn't celebrate class.

here's the March 05 Vogue cover with Sandra Bullock (sorry, I don't think of her when I think of "power.)

vogue0305sandrabullock.jpg

Elle Uk March 2005 Preview:

urd said:
Elle UK, angelina jolie on cover. nice cover actually, not too fuzzy

Elle UK March 2005:

susan eldridge cover & marvelous coverstory. really cute really hot. uk elle loves eldridge.
with thsi cover & her new nylon march cover & also excellent edit, eldridge is back & looking again like the cutest imp thsi side of kate moss 1994 or gemma 2004.

also carmen maria fine edit in UK elle why we dont see CM in otehr mags barring US Elle beats me she is striking in appearance & devastating in physique.
fine UK elle march, buy it.

PREVIEW of UK VOGUE MARCH 2005

Xone said:
Kate moss........shot seems by testino.......

quick look at march UK vogue:

best edit: julia shot by elgort in beverly hills. imo elgort is the most consistent US vogue photog under anna and his work here for UK is stellar, packed with every day of his 30-40 years experience. by comparison only demarcheliers masterful daria in tahiti story or maybe rie across russia is as good a travel edit as this recently.
julia is my fave model and looks good but not her best here. actually I now think that caroline winberg is more of a natural beauty than julia but on the otehr hand julia's superhuman height slimness & lankiness is breathtaking here, as are the props and Bev Hills scenery.
amazing edit with elgort & BH getting as many kudos as supermodel superstar julia. elgort is so good here he makes LA look as great as palm beach & thats no mean feat. rating 9 of 10.

also gemma edit very edgy very serpentine, in this UK vogue julia & gemma pretty much tied for worlds best model in march 2005. rating 8/10.

Id like to request louise & winberg & maybe marija shot by talent at this level and in such glorious surrounds & there will be no doubt as to who the 5 best girls in the world 5in 2005 are. sock it to me, UK vogue.

Last edited by a moderator:
lady grey said:
Elle UK March 2005:

susan eldridge cover & marvelous coverstory. really cute really hot. uk elle loves eldridge.
with thsi cover & her new nylon march cover & also excellent edit, eldridge is back & looking again like the cutest imp thsi side of kate moss 1994 or gemma 2004.

also carmen maria fine edit in UK elle why we dont see CM in otehr mags barring US Elle beats me she is striking in appearance & devastating in physique.
fine UK elle march, buy it.
Are there much good ads in the mag? i also see it coming with a free bag! :innocent: I think i might buy it! :blush:

LibertyRose said:
And I just bought Vanity Fair's Hollywood issue. The cover is terrible upon close inspection. EVERYONE has a weird expression, like they didn't know to put on a pretty face when they are being photographed for the cover of a magazine. :yuk: :yuk: :yuk: I bought it for the advertisements, but still don't think it's worth the money. However, some of the ads are nicer than the ones appeared in Feb. magazines. To name a few: Natalia Vodianova for Calvin Klein, Carmen Kass for Fendi, Kate Moss for Dior, Uma Thurman of Louis Vuitton.

I completely agree.. I recieved it in the mail the other day, and every single actress on that cover looks like crap. I liked some of the spreads inside, but this wasn't a good issue... I won't spend too much of my time with it :sick:

glamour fr feb05

Cover: vanessa paradis shot by satoshi/H&K

ads:
D&G (2pgs w/marina perez,unknowns and nude male)
Gap "feel right" (2 pgs with michelle buswell -only in 1 pic)
Moschino cheap & chic (1pg)
Custo Barcelona (w/susan 1pg)
vogue (w/gemma vogue fr feb cover)

eds:
"country club" Morgane Dubled (viva) and Kian Mitchum (success)shot by paola kudacki.studio shots,the name of the ed tells it all.10pgs
"shanghai surprise" elite model look 2004 girls (sophie oosterwaal - winner-,alyson whitman, Maj bjerre, Ladina, Katalin Toth.outdoors each one represents a region or a trend.10pgs
"frisez jeunesse!" (beauty ed)shot by Kim Knott (no idea about the models)6pgs 8articles and pics)
"Gym Tonic" julia ryndich (IMG) shot by Vera Palsdottir.8pgs.colour,underwear studio shots
"Londe Sensuelle" beauty ed .Julie gordon shot by patrick shaw.6pgs (3pics)

verdict:my first glamour fr issue it was cool altought i xpect more ads....

Who is the photographer of VOGUE-FR 2/2005 in the cover Gema Ward?? please i need info thanks in advance:wink:

damn it, did they really have to put gwen on the march issue?? i have to buy this one, its the spring collections!!!
give her a break please, i hate to see her stupid face, especially on covers....she is sooo not worth the print!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->