What to wear skiing

queen_sheba

Reaction score
Ski and Apres Ski Wear?

Hey Folks!

I'm putting together an article on ski fashion and then i'm going to test it out for New Year's Eve!

Here's what I'm after (just some general opinions and a bit of a sense check style wise)

On the Slopes - What's good, what's bad- any good brands

Apres Ski - There's two key elements here - the trendy, sporty youngsters/boarders in their funky quicksilver/protest etc...then there's the sophisticated lady..what would she wear apres ski?

Anything that should be avoided - eg jeans tucked into calf length boots etc..

Just jot anything down you feel is relevant

cheers!:wink:

Sarah
www.twistedfairy.com

on the slopes...
img_activity_moodshot_wide_SB.jpg

THE NORTH FACE -->cool jackets, very good, resistant equipment... (thenorthface.com)
Bogner%20helmet.jpg
Bogner-Ski.jpg

(skipressworld.com)
BOGNER --> must have skies, helmet, board, all of it!!
creation_ski1_chanel.jpg

CHANEL!!!!--> of course chanel! (lebloggadget.com) and sooo much more on chanel.com

apres ski...

LOTS OF STUFF!!! at least what people wear around glamorous GSTAAD and ST.MORITZ is fur of everyknown kind, UGGs, and well i guess it depends on the season but i'm sure Prada or Vuitton and Chanel (paris-ny collection) will be everywhere in every Palace, Ritz, Four Seasons Hotel, and most importantly in Switzerland and Whistler private resorts...

nice topic queen sheba!

Pucci for women. Seriously I adore Pucci ski-wear, it's so chic.

I plan on going skiing this winter, taking advantage of the slopes around NYC. I love that Bogner stuff, really cute, but I dont know how I feel about buying a bunch of cool stuff when I might get tired of skiing really fast. I have a navy Hugo Boss snorkel w/ fox collar, Im going to use that, what kind of pants do I wear to go skiing?

The real reason Im going skiing is for the ambiance and not the actual sport. The Apres Ski clothes are what Im really interested in. Cashmere turtlenecks, chic jeans, tall leather boots, leather gloves, a cool bag, perhaps a pea coat w/ my McQueen scarf, Tom Ford aviators. Lots of black, a great contrast against the crisp white.

Now Im excited.

prada boards!!! (their ski clothes are also gorgeous)
and i've heard there's stuff by versace i just couldnt find pictures of it...
volant_prada.jpg

getoutdoors.com

Its time to renew my ski outfit, and I'm going crazy deciding on a new one.
Anybody on the same position? Any recommendations? We all want to look good on the slopes :wink:
Many thanks!

I feel sure we must have had a ski wear thread here at some point, but 'ski' is 3 letters and therefore not search friendly ... if you happen to know of a related thread, please let me know :flower:

Found it ... bump for merging

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aza
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->