What to wear to a music festival?

mardybum8

Reaction score
Well I couldn't see a thread for this and with Glastonbury looming, I was wondering what you guys would consider your perfect festival outfits that are practical yet stylish.

This ceases to amaze me as a designer - Can you imagine Woodstock in the 70's and girls all concerned about what they will wear? They made fashion - they were independent thinkers. Ah.. times gone by.
Let's all text everyone to decide what to wear, ask on blogs, stand in the closet on the phone. So much for individuality; an ancient concept.

^:rofl:

I found that very straightforward but very true at the same time.

Take her advice. :flower: I believe it's definitely THE BEST.

Correction: Woodstock was 1969. I was 13 - to young to go yet old enough to be influenced by the remarkable people who made it happen. - - J

Correction: Woodstock was 1969 - I was 13 to young to go yet old enough to be deeply influenced by the audacity of independence. - - J

It wasn't so much plan you outfits, more what to take if your camping for a whole weekend. I know there will be many first-time festival goers struggling to decide what to take because here in England we're not blessed with the sun every summer

Hi there, what I would wear to a music festival would be denim cut offs paired with fishnet leggings just for the heck of it and probably a plaid shirt. It's a safe and generic look i know, but very comfy and depending on the weather, you can choose to wear a tank top underneath the shirt
:D
hope it helps?

just remember that if you're outside in the sun, you could end up with some funny-looking tan lines with those fishnets :D

practical and stylish? - dresses. warm weather - bare legs. cold weather - stockings. and its easy to change in a small tent.

but when the rain comes it is just to give up even trying to look good. the last festival i went to it was raining so much it went through my raincoat and i got completely wet and ended up walking around in a garbage bag..

I agree with posed to death

At Reading last year I found the best thing to wear was dresses. I didn't actually need wellies at all last year but if you do use them I suggest you wear knee high socks, otherwise you may get a horrid rash (well my sensitive skin certainly does).

A nice pair of denim shorts under pretty floral dresses is a good idea as if you fall over at least you will keep your dignity.

Ohhh and don't forget the hat! A burnt scalp is not pretty (I've learnt that these past few days) and it will be very painful and sore. So yes a hat is essential!

but the most important thing most be that don't bring anything you don't want to lose or get destroyed.
i had to throw away my favorite pair of jeans because they got moldy.

Yes that is the key! The best thing to do is buy a 'disposible wardrobe', Primark is perfect for that

Jeans aren't really a good idea, especially if it's likely to rain as they take ages to dry. Leggings are a better idea as they fold up small, easily dried if needs be and ideal to put on under a dress when it cools down at night. Take plenty of bin bags - they are very useful not only for putting rubbish in, but as rainwear (as posed to death said), sitting on and various other uses.

concerning rain again and not style, i don't know the name for it in english, the trousers made of the same fabric as raincoats, like the ones children wear. however, they are fantastic for the days when the mud is reaching up to the knee or above.

1. Boots. Wellingtons. Whatever. Don't wear sandals or open shoes, you might put your foot in something. :ninja:
2. A hat. Protects you against sun/rain/body fluids. :ninja:
3. Sunscreen.

Put whatever you want in the middle, really

some discreet depending on the type of gig... for example in Brixton Academy you have to wear strictly on black... Summer festivals are a lot more flexible (at least over here)...but must be something comfy if you wanna survive ...in this case black trousers, next day were short black ones (too boiling weather), a white tshirt that i do love a lot with the girl with a tongue out (handmade got in Camden), a black vest and a really trashy chucks...that got even more trashed... next days were more like very shorts black shorts and black boots

this picture copyright belongs to Estudios La Luna(Madrid, Spain) and Rock in Rio Madrid
09_500.jpg

this picture is by a colleague J. Figueirido in another festival in the Country Basque
(im the girl with the Lolita's tshirt)
1189627092_f.jpg

More of what to wear at summer festivals

something comfy...(well if i went to the simplest black was to be as more invisible on the pit I also like it going that way... you can be more discreet if you carry a cam).
fib07mef0001_1.jpg

I have to agree with some earlier posts here. If in 92 someone would have told me that 'festival fashion' would be a buzzword for british summer, I'd have laughed in their face. What on earth has happened that festivals are about what you're wearing? As far as I'm concerned, you dress for practicality and comfort and to make sure you don't get broken toes if you go in the moshpit. Anything past that is just odd.

I understand this and I didn't create this thread because I think a music festival is a fashion show, but when Jimmy Choo start designing Hunter Wellies and everyone starts copying Kate Moss's 'famous festival look', you do have to question fashion at festivals now

I believe in the comfort and convenient style also and I personally don't see the problem with this thread when there is one about what to wear to a gig.

I just wanted to create a thread where anybody who hasn't been to a music festival before could see what other 'experienced festival goers' take themselves. I personally know from previous experience that it is hard to know what to take in such a small bag for a long weekend

Shorts, wellies, trainers in case it doesn't rain (yeah right), vest top, top that covers your shoulders, big thick socks so your welly boots don't rub, jumpers for night time because it gets coooooold. Waterproof jacket.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->