What To Wear With A Fedora?

Reaction score
i didn't see a hat category so i'll post this here! i'm going to a costume party on the 31st and want to wear a fedora but don't kno what i could wear with it that would look cotume-y. if anyone has ideas, anything at alllll, they'll be greatly appreciated!

white shirt and tie?? with a tight pencil skirt and corset over everything?? a kind of androdgenous ganster mol look?? maybe a cigar too or cigareete holder

hmmm fi sum1 could maybe sketch out that idea and put it up here it would help me out! "androdgenous ganster mol look"- what is that? but i like the idea! any more from anyone?

Originally posted by LolitaLuxe@Oct 14th, 2003 - 8:12 pm
white shirt and tie?? with a tight pencil skirt and corset over everything?? a kind of androdgenous ganster mol look?? maybe a cigar too or cigareete holder
Wow, that's an awesome idea, Lolita! :woot: may be i'll do something like that for my costume
Eastsidecouture, i'll try to find a photo of how i picture what Lolita calls androgynous gangster look. Images that come to mind are Marlene Dietrich dressed as a man, Madonna in "Vogue" and "Erotica" video or even in 2003 VMA performance, or film/musical "Victor & Victoria".
Another version is James Bond/Secret Agent: wear a hat, long coat (preferably in leather), big, dark sunglasses, square-shaped vintage briefcase, funky long scarf, over-sized men's watch....

Pinstripe fitted suit, maybe black or white, red bra, high heels, very smoky eyes, just one dangly earring, maybe a razor earring, a faux cigarette, and a red clutch.. :wink:

does anyone know waht 'androgynous' ( spelling?) means? time is running out!! ne more ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Originally posted by eastsidecouturechic@Oct 20th, 2003 - 5:11 pm
does anyone know waht 'androgynous' ( spelling?) means? time is running out!! ne more ideas would be greatly appreciated!
androgynous means neither male of femal, kind of both or nither

hey! i wound up wearing black dress pants, a white button down and black tie, with my fedora. i wore fals eyelashes and did this dark red lip and carried around a briefcase. my friends called me a whoreyer. a wh*re and a lawyer together!

Any suggestions on how to make it not so dressy? like jeans and a certain kind of top? or a dress?

...vest and baggy shorts or pants
it will be cool to wear it like a man if you're a woman

why?^

Ashley Olsen was dressed like that :rofl:
I don't like it with a suit, so forget I said pants...and it doesn't have to be baggy

I wear them with almost everything.
When I want to wear my hair open and have to ride my bike I prefer wearing a hat over brushing my hair down every 5 seconds.

Dior SS 08?

03f.jpg

07f.jpg

(www.vogue.co.uk)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
carolreefs
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"