What would you do with this?

educo

Reaction score
I have these fabrics here that I want to use but I'm not sure what to make out of them.

The patterned fabric is a stretch cotton twill and I'm think about making a pair of skinny jeans, since I have enough for that, but I'm also think about making a short strapless dress. Not sure..

The flowered one was an impulse buy because I was so impressed with the embroidery and i was thinking about making an empire strapless minidress. Sort of baby doll, because the fabric itself is quite delicate.

I'm open to suggestions, pictures or anything you guys might think I should do with these fabrics.

Attachments

• DSCF0001.JPG
    DSCF0001.JPG
    327.9 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF0003.JPG
    DSCF0003.JPG
    341.4 KB · Views: 3
I'd always been amazed by this idea of sheer with opaque

like at Balenciaga several seasons
00140m.jpg

00190m.jpg

style

And then there are longer dresses with this same idea
Also the colour is the same
but I can't find which collection those were from

^_^ So I think it would be wonderful if maybe you could play around with layering the lace over another print or textured/lacy fabric
Or you could layer it on itself

The brown printed fabric is quite bold on its own
Maybe it would suit a simple cut
like a well-fitted shirt (like this first image by Balenciaga)
if it suits your style
and have a different fabric for the collar or something. I keep thinking it would look good with a sort of fur? :ninja:

This is kind of a 'What would you do with this?' question: I have a semi-cropped, 3/4-sleeved shirt... v-neck, very slinky sheer viscose, in cream with moss green suede and white tulle flowers along the back neckline. It needs some repairs... Some of the flowers aren't in good condition, and there is a drawstring missing along the collar that keeps the shirt from slumping off one's shoulders, in a bad way--not a nice way.

Now, the suede flowers are in alright condition themselves, but the tulle flowers are crushed. I am thinking of adding tiny, pastel blue satin flowerbuds to their middles, which would hopefully cause their 'petals' to fan out and give them a fancier look also. I would then add a matching drawstring. I cannot come up with a better plan, and it is a very nice shirt that I want to repair badly. If anyone has better suggestions, please tell me, or mention whether you like my idea. :ninja: Thanks!

i've ironed crushed tulle before.. :o to smooth it out..
wonder how it looks...

Hah, they are kind of complicated little things, and I think I'd ruin them if I tried to iron them. :lol: I will try to take pictures!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->