What's A Good Hand Cream?

Originally posted by pinkcouture@Dec 3rd, 2003 - 6:13 pm
Vaseline Intensive Care Healthy Hands Moisturizer..its new and my hands have become addicted to this stuff!!!
I use that! it works wonders :flower:

kymberlily said:
l'occitane shea butter hand cream - I second that one. It's great!!
I totally agree, it's GREAT!!! :heart: Beacuse makes your hands soft but not oily!

I 3rd that !!! ^_^ o O (is there such a word? i wonder.)

Definitely doesn't feel oily but yet makes hands feel soft for long periods of time. got tubes galore of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kymberlily
l'occitane shea butter hand cream - I second that one. It's great!!

Heri said:
I totally agree, it's GREAT!!! :heart: Beacuse makes your hands soft but not oily!

Glycomed is super rich and creamy, but it does wonders!
I'd also recommend Aveda's Hand relief.

I like Nivea! I´m kinda addicted to handcreme, can´t leave the house without it..:rolleyes: :innocent:

using this right now, great product. but my jar says 98% natural, not 100%...go figure
260.png

www.burtsbees.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for all the recommendations--I will have to try Aveda's.

The best I have found is Beauticontrol's hand repair lotion. I believe it's unscented, although it has a very slight pleasant clean smell to it.

I do not like Ahava or Burt's Bees banana beeswax hand cream. My dog is wild about the banana one and wants to lick my hands, but I am not because of the terrible greasy residue and feel. I also don't like Mary Kay's Satin Hands or whatever it's called. (Someone keeps giving it to me, so I use it sometimes ...) I also don't like the way any of these smell, but generally do like the way all of Aveda's products smell.

Does MAC make a hand cream?

i love palmer's cocoa butter! great smell, and keeps hands nice and moist.

CBF-lotion_8.5-oz.jpg

amazing product, specifically blended for the high desert, so very moisturising. all organic botanicals. no synthetics. check out their site for info on their spa line. great stuff, very reasonably priced for the quality!

desertblends.com

Just wanted to note that I bought the Aveda, and do not like it. If my hands are really chapped (as they get in the wintertime), it turns them red & burns like heck. Even if it doesn't turn them red, it doesn't really work. Like now ... I used it this morning after my shower, and now a few hours later my hands have little cracks in them. My R hand looks a bit reptilian in fact ... :P

i also use l'occitanes shea butter hand creme. I'm always scrubbing into surgeries and the scrub soap takes off all your natural oils on your hands, leaving them cracked at the end of the day. all the female surgeons and residents use this lotion.:flower:

I think any cream works well if you apply a bigger amount 2-3x a day (only in the first 1-2 days, than you can do it 1-2x) and wear cotton gloves!
I used to have ugly dry hands but not anymore! ^_^
Anyway i use several creams depending on my mood:

-Issey Miyake L'eau d'Issey body lotion (i'm sure i don't need to introduce this gorgeous fragrance :heart:)
-Cinnamon foot balm by Avon (yes, foot balm, it's very good for really dry skin and it's flavour works well for me as an anti-depressant :lol: But i'm afraid it's not available anymore. :cry: )
-Cherry and Almond body lotion by Oriflame (also a great scent)

I have to agree with the Crabtree and Evelyn hand therapy and the L'Occitane shea butter hand cream. I have both in the small sizes - I love the foil packaging and they fit prefectly in your bag ^_^. But I gotta say, that Burt's Bees hand creme..... The packaging intrigues me..... :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Derekz7
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->