Whats the next IT bag ..

ilovepositano said:
there are a quite a few it bags depending on who you are:

if you own a fashion empire-- it's a red hermes birkin
if you work in fashion as an editor or buyer- it's the derek lam hildegard
if you work in fashion as a peon -- it's the goyard tote
if you work in PR- it's overwhelmingly the black patent chanel cabas
if you work on wall street- it's the YSL muse in chocolate, STILL.
if you don't work but break out a sweat on madison shopping (but only weekedays :lol:)- it's still the gold togo birkin.

just my own observations

haha. your dead on.

2007 summer it bags?

Which bags do you think will be this summers it bags?

ilovepositano said:
i'm looking forward to the black patent / red trim b. fendi.

i also think the black gaucho will be hot.

i'm sure i'll pick up another spy if they do a sick color similar to petrol or green.

Glad you agree on that, I'm all voer them right now.

http://www.bagsnob.com/2007/01/best_of_2006.html#more

Ranks the top 10 bags and has the Muse at # 10. (Mods, if linkiing to another site is not allowed, please remove. I apologize in advance.) Also, someone mentioned the Coffer which is at no. 4.

9. Gerard Darel Satchel
8. Tod's Bensonville
7. Anya Hindmarch Carker
6. Chanel Bowling
5. Lanvin Monsieur
4. Miu Miu Coffer
3. Bottega Veneta Litche Fume
2. Pierre Hardy Besace
1. Balenciaga Edition

What do you think of the choice of no.1? I don't really consider it a bag in terms of usefulness. Thanks for the link coachwife6

Bagsnob is usually dead-on and she loves this bag. I think it's darling. It's not an everyday bag so I think that's why some people don't think of it as a no. 1. But what a great evening bag.

^ I was tmepted by it, I like the purple patent color it comes in. I wasnt sold on the design and hardware though, it looks like something from marc by MJ. I preffer the muse or the rive guache

i don't see how anyone who has ever been to paris could possibly still like gerard darel bags. it is seriously a uniform. i have never seen a country with so many girls carrying the same exact bag. like if you walk around the marais, and you walk past 20 girls, 18 of them are wearing a gerard darel bag. it is quite a strange experience.

interesting interesting. do you like the large or medium?

I just realized your talking about the downtown bag, I thought you were reffering to the rive gauche before. I actually preffer the medium in the downtown bag, the large is too long.

personally I think the next it bag will be the Givenchy Nightengale. It seems to really fit into the pattern of a lot of recent 'its.' They all seem to be comming to classic old French houses that were restored semi-recently (think balenciaga, lanvin, etc.). I've already seen a whole bunch of girl downtown girls with them. def on the horizon...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AkiZ
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->