Whats Up With The Milan Fashion Week?

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by dior4ever, Oct 1, 2004.

1. dior4ever

dior4ever New Member

All the collections have dissapointed me its all so bad.. what dou guys think?

2. Mr-Dale

Mr-Dale Unveil Yourself....

Seriously? I loved the Gucci and the Pucci show, plus the Emporio show was one of my faves as well...

3. mikeijames

mikeijames no tom ford, no thanks.

tom left so they didn't feel the need to compete anymore.

4. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

i think it's better than the usual crap

5. Puccipatterned

Puccipatterned New Member

Yes, it's true that there's been some bad collections, but others have been so beautiful! I love Missoni, Marni, Pucci, Ferreti, and I like some things at D&G and Prada althought they haven't been so good. But it's true that some shows have been really bad (Dsquared very dissapointing, Fendi, and I don't like Moschino).

6. Acid

Acid yes

the only week i find interesting now is paris, the others just dont even come close

7. MulletProof

MulletProof Well-Known Member

me too :mellow:
    I think Marni, Moschino and Prada were pretty good, in comparision with New York Fashion Week, where I was disappointed with almost everything from every show.

8. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

i agree, havent seen the full collections but those mentioned here seem my faves till now

very dissapointed by Fendi, Gucci & BV. Looking forward to see Jil Sander & miumiu

9. LibertyRose

LibertyRose memoirs of a...

Milan will never be as good as Paris. Once I've accepted that, I can sit back, watch, and pick out some good outfits among a sea of mediocrity. This season, the big labels aren't as exciting (still waiting to see Versace and Dolce & Gabbana--hoping they'll kick it up a notch after the horrid D&G show), but smaller labels have performed very well.

Prada was awful. Those peacock dresses and fisherman hats have to go. I was not a fan of Miuccia's foray into the 50's despite all-around critical acclaim, but I think critics will feel quite challenging to find something to praise this time.

Gucci was a little worse than I anticipated, but not by much. Judging from the resort collection, I thought the new designer (at the tender age of 32!!) will be capable of something more tasteful. Conceptually it was nothing new, even with the Indian accent. I am disappointed that she failed to reorient Gucci into a more trend-setting label--all that leather and safari pants look so odd this season. And bring on the evening glamour, please. How is that there are only three gowns, and all the cocktail numbers were variations of one another? I do like some pieces though, but as a whole the collection was not terribly exciting.

Fendi has always sucked. Karl Lagerfeld is the most overrated designer on this planet.

On a brighter note, Missoni had the show of her career. Gorgeous. Even better than Alberta Ferretti. The best of Milan that I have seen. MaxMara and Anna Molinari also turned out collections which are much better than usual. Moschino was a delight and puts Anna Sui to shame. Bottega Veneta was effortlessly chic.

10. Lena

Lena etre soi-meme

:clap: :flower:

11. mdankwah

mdankwah New Member

love marni, bottega venetta, gucci, prada and maxmara

12. LostInNJ

LostInNJ Rive Gauche. Rive Droite.

I like it so far. Very energetic, and fresh with many new ideas (Prada). I am also looking foward to Versace too!

13. prretyinpink4

prretyinpink4 New Member

yes completely agree!

14. BCBG freak

BCBG freak New Member

CLAPS. my words exactly. :flower: :blush: :innocent:

15. Dior

Dior New Member

I'm almost feeling the same way

most of the new collections have turned me off

16. wyatt.

wyatt. New Member

nearly all of shows have completely left my memory since none of them were note worthy. my favorite show probably up to date is moshino or missoni.

i have a feeling it'll be a bad design year.

i can't wait for mcqueen.

17. Spacemiu

Spacemiu New Member

Oh God YES! thank god some one is willing to admit it

18. jennifer~

jennifer~ Active Member

Me neither. I've been counting the days. :ninja:

19. wyatt.

wyatt. New Member

\
    how many is it?

20. Spike413

Spike413 barcode

I agree, Milan has totally disappointed. No one has been up to par. There was no innovation at Fendi in terms of skins or accessories, Prada was just a wreck, Dolce and Gabbana went back to their old over-done tricks, Gucci will never be the same if it continues in the direction it just took, I'm not expecting much from Versace, I'm guessing Miu Miu wont be much better than Prada, Pucci was decent, but their summer collections always are, Ferretti, though pretty, borrowed too much from last season's collection and don't get me started on DSquared.

Bring on McQueen please, this season is depressing me.