What's your best color?

black black black black black for me!!

sounds like my wardrobe lol
i have dark brown hair, light brown eyes, pale skin. i like dark solid colors at times (red, green, dark blue, purple) and light greenish shades. i never wear pink or tan, and usually stay away from baby blue and yellow as well.

I have dark tan skin, brown eyes, black hair. I stick to dark colours, I always steer clear of bright colours :smile:

^ thats interesting...usually fashion show stylists would give models of your colouring bright clothes!

I have what people have described as a 'Snow White' complexion. . .very very fair skin, dark hair and green eyes.

I tend to look best in dark and more jewel-ish toned colors, with blues/ purples and green looking best (in my opinion). Does that make me a winter?

Could someone tell me which season I am? And which colours that you think would suit me?
I have medium brown hair with a lot of red and golden shades (natural),light brown eyes with green in it,pale/fair skin with pink undertone and freckles.
I'm not really that strict when it comes to colours and shades. I just wear those I want. I particulary love candy and pastel colours. My absolute favourite colour is Barbie/bubblegum pink. Light pink without being whitish.
I really would love to have platinum blonde hair someday. Do you think other colours would suit me than the ones as a brunette?

I have what people have described as a 'Snow White' complexion. . .very very fair skin, dark hair and green eyes.

I tend to look best in dark and more jewel-ish toned colors, with blues/ purples and green looking best (in my opinion). Does that make me a winter?

I'm the same, and yes, a winter.

On me I think it's a little more complicated. As a winter I'm told, "wear cool colors", but with a warm skin tone, I'm told, "wear warm colors." So I kind of came up with this thing, but it's probably BS, and it gives me like two colors to wear. haha I take main colors that I think of as 'cool' (purple, blue), and take their warm side. For purple it would be reddish, and blue would be greenish. I don't know if it's the rule, but it seems to work. Anyway, I really only wear black most of the time because I don't feel good in hardly any colors.

I'm the same, and yes, a winter.

On me I think it's a little more complicated. As a winter I'm told, "wear cool colors", but with a warm skin tone, I'm told, "wear warm colors." So I kind of came up with this thing, but it's probably BS, and it gives me like two colors to wear. haha I take main colors that I think of as 'cool' (purple, blue), and take their warm side. For purple it would be reddish, and blue would be greenish. I don't know if it's the rule, but it seems to work. Anyway, I really only wear black most of the time because I don't feel good in hardly any colors.

That must be nice since you seem to have a wider range of colors to choose from. I've always been cool-cool. . .so more blueish reds, and blueish purples look best on me.

There has been so many times I've seen a fantastic dress or something, only to have it be in a color that doesn't look to great on me. :cry: Like orange. Why do people have to make cute things in orange?

i think i look better with darker colors like dark blue, black (which i think can go well with anybody including white), emerald green, chocolate brown, teal. If i go for yellow or else it will make me even more yellow...

I don't know what season I am and I wouldn't stick to my season's colors anyway because I rather wear whatever color I feel like wearing. I do know I have the tendency to look best in colors like red, purple, yellow, emerald/kelly greens and black.

I had my colours 'done' my an image consultant not long ago and they were spot on!

I am a Summer flow Spring so I can wear cool, bright colours and a few warm ones like coral.

My favourite colours on me are chocolate brown and navy - luckily they are in my swatch book!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am a black person. Solids work best and specfically colors in black, black, or black. ^_^

It helps me look extra sexy because of my long, straight black hair. Not like Wednesday Addams in any way, shape or form. :lol:

It varies for me. I have an extremely fair skin tone, and in no way shape or form am I exaggerating when I say Snow White is my long lost twin. Burgundy usually works for me, or olive-dark green compliments my eyes which are poopy colour but look lighter if I'm wearing green tones. So, the verdict is: warm, dark tones. ^_^ I'd say gray too, I guess. However, pastel colours are a huge no no unless it's white. And hey, even if it accentuates the pale skin, you can't really go wrong with black. Ever!

I wear black alot and I like it, but red-oranges look the best on my because I have brown skin with yellow-orange undertones. I also like purples, deep reds, oranges, and olive and dark greens. Most pastels look bad on me.

Seasons (Which Colours Suit You Best)

I hope this is the right section for this as I think figuring out which colours suit you best is a way of defining your style.

I have my own questions to ask, but seeing as I didn't find a thread on this anywhere else, I might as well involve everyone. :flower: What season (combination) are you and how did you find out? If you don't know, what season do you think you are? Why do you think you are that season? Do you believe in the theory that your colouring somehow matches certain personality traits? e.g. I read something about winters tending to be shy.

I have been trying to figure out what season or combination of seasons I am for a long time. I don't have a big mirror in a room where natural light comes in (only a very small mirror in the bathroom where there are no windows as I live in a flat) and I don't know anyone who is very good with colours to judge whether a colour brightens me up or makes me look dull. I do know my colouring, but I tried a quiz and it had so many personality questions that it ended up telling me I was a winter (I don't believe I am). Does anybody know if there is any way to work out your season without buying a big mirror, a load of fabric and finding an expert? Also, preferably without taking personality traits into account. e.g. if everything points to autumn except for my personality I should be an autumn. As far as I know, my clothing doesn't brighten or dull my personality. :lol:

^ Here's the thread ...

I definitely don't think you have to be shy to be a Winter :lol: After all, the vast majority of the world's population falls into this category ...

I do think that redheads have a tendency to be fiery :ninja:

If you can find a copy of Color Me Beautiful, it has very clear explanations of skin and eye colors, etc. for each category. However, as previously discussed, its color palettes have limitations. Really I think you're better off working out for yourself your own personal best colors ... which colors do you like on yourself?

Last edited by a moderator:
Black, Electric Blue, Blood Red, White anything that stands out or pops against my skin tone

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hellbendcat69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->