Where is Paulo Melim Andersson *Updated* Now the Creative Director of Cangiari

Discussion in 'Designers and Collections' started by albertli1984, Jan 22, 2010.

1. albertli1984

albertli1984 New Member

I'm so love his design in Chloe.

even if only 3 seasons.

Does anyone know that where is Paulo Melim Andersson now?

I'm so missing him.

2. Cicciolina

Cicciolina New Member

I was wondering this as well. I loved his designs at Chloe, much more than Hannah MacGibbon, I have to admit.

3. VogueParisLover

VogueParisLover New Member

I have been looking over his recent collections today and I have to agree with Cicciolina. Hannah MacGibbon is so boring compared to Paulo Melim. Melim's collections wear so modern and cool, perfect, in my opinion, for the modern Chloe girl. I'd like to know where is is today, too...

4. Zazie

Zazie Active Member

I'm so disappointed that he was fired because of all the harsh reviews he received. In hindsight, he was spot-on with the bold paint-brush strokes and the younger, edgier, more minimal designs. I managed to snag myself a couple of pieces from his collection, cool black vinyl lined in silk and am still wearing them seasons after :(. I really hope to see him resurrected somewhere...

5. helmut.newton

helmut.newton New Member

I am curious as to where Paulo went too. He was amazing for Chloe because he injected it with energy and modernity. And most importantly he actually designed fashion. What Hannah does is not fashion; it is about styling and trend-oriented dressing. She is very much a trend-based designer, whereas Paulo was and is a fashion designer. The way he constructed clothing, experimented with the Chloe aesthetic etc etc was brilliant.

But ultimately, as we all know, Paulo was fired because he did not turn a profit like Phoebe did. He was held accountable for the brands profits, which is bizzare to me, since Chloe has been mis-managed as a brand ever since Phoebe left.

Besides,the people at Richemont Group are simply incapable of managing a house like Chloe as they deal in jewellery and watches, not in fashion. They need to cut losses and sell the company to a group that will be able to manage it.

I just hope Paulo gets another chance one day; I miss seeing his design aesthetic.

6. mackos

mackos Alluring

I have been asking the title question ever since he was fired after his last show..

I think there is no one I'm missing as much as Paulo. His collections for Chloé were marvellous, even though one needed a little time to warm them up, perhaps.. I keep coming back to his F/W 08 presentation, it was just brilliant. I cannot understand why didn't they give him a chance do develop, he seemed such a perfect guy for the house.

And let me say that today's Chloé makes me wanna weep over Paulo even more.

7. christian zh

christian zh Well-Known Member

I miss him so much in Chloe :(

8. tatouejeremie

tatouejeremie Well-Known Member

vanessa bruno iirc

9. Dutchhie

Dutchhie Active Member

Is there any update on what Paulo is up to? I just miss him so much in fashion, his 3 Chloé collections still remain in my top ten favorite fashion shows ever :heart:

10. tatouejeremie

tatouejeremie Well-Known Member

11. Mutterlein

Mutterlein Well-Known Member

I loved what he did for Marni, I didn't think his Chloe was a good fit for the house and a lot of it turned up being really unattractive and awkward on the floor. But, he's a major talent for sure. Vanessa Bruno eh?

12. TaylorBinque

TaylorBinque Well-Known Member

I love his relaxed silhouettes. It always feels very at ease. And the use of colors is very nice. Though not entirely fitting with Chloe but I think he has an interesting point of view.

13. donyan

donyan Well-Known Member

I loved what he did as well, such a sad story. He would have been great at Chloe, they should have just given him the time.

14. tortoisie

tortoisie Fly my pretties... Fly!

Any update? :(

15. Flashbang

Flashbang Mr. Magic

Cangiari S/S 2014 Rome, his first collection for the brand.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

cangiari.it

16. kasper!

kasper! Well-Known Member

17. Lola701

Lola701 Well-Known Member

^^
    Such a waste...
    He should do Marni or Carven or even Nina Ricci.