Where to find people to make curtains from my fabric?

Caffeine

Reaction score
I plan to buy fabric from the Garment district and have "some experts" to make it curtains with grommets. I figured that it would be cheaper than spending $2000 on window by buying wool flannel custom made curtain at The Shade Store.
But does anybody know where I can find those "experts"? Are there any curtain stores in ny area that are willing to make curtains with my own fabric? Thank you :flower:

Maybe try calling an upholstery place for suggestions?

It helps that you already have the fabric but if you go to a drapery work room the project could still be expensive depending on the degree of difficulty and the amount of labor involved..

My impression has been that custom work generally equates to pricey work...

$2000 per window for curtains seems abnormally expensive - do you have large windows? In many cases it is cheaper to buy the curtains rather than pay someone to make them, but it doesn't seem to be this way in this situation. I'd recommend asking an employee when you go to buy the fabric, as they'd probably be able to help you.

Thanks guys.
I finally found an online source to have my curtains customized. cheaper than the 2000+ price tag but not much cheaper either. yeah mine is a large window so ready made curtains are too narrow (i'd need 6 of them which will in fact look ugly).
I'll report back if it is good.

Has anybody ever found prints similar to Marni's?

Which season, Caffeine..?
Their stuff now is so different from say, 05, 03...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->