Which Artist/Designer Created This?

CHANELamour

Reaction score
I've been looking for this artist for such a long period of time. I really don't know how to explain his artwork nor do I know how to describe what type of art he creates. From what I can remember, his artwork is modern, urban, contemporary, abstract... and somewhat geometric and symmetric. Yeah, I know, I am not good at describing, right? Well what I do know for sure is that he is an American artist, and is still alive. Here are some pictures that vaguely describe his works:

the design of the lampshade:
12964938_09_b

the design of the frame:
13118187_66_b

AcanthusBaroqueDesign_400x400.png

the curvy lines
thumbahtangledheart.jpg

Sorry, I am not good at finding pictures. But these are the only similar ones I can find :cry: I suck at the internet lol. I remember looking at his work online a year ago, and his works took the entire art gallery's wall space. And from what I can remember, his work reflected more of a computer-graphic-y modern abstract art with no "central" focus; and I believe they were somewhat symmetrical.

Pleaseeeee someone help me find this artist. Thanks.

Sources:
scene7
wickedsunshine
hotfreemyspacelayouts

Last edited by a moderator:
Marcel Wanders? Though he is more a product designer/interior designer...

But not sure if he is American...but he does similair work with prints like that if your interested.

he's a designer and graphist??? or he just does graphism???
mmm...that isn't bad...he's good with stickers and illustration... but on canvas... well that's not my stuff...

Wow, you guys are truly amazing!!!

It IS Ryan McGinness!!! Thank you so much. I can now go to sleep in peace!

Sorry for not crediting the pictures:
1st/2nd pic - urbanoutfitters.com
3rd/4th pic - google images

bump *

This screen capture is from a youtube video called Ferris Bueller's Day off
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmDvdGCEWvE

Does anyone know what the grey sculpture at the left is by?
In the movie, it's at 00:50 seconds
Maybe the small square sculpture on the right is also by the same artist?
I'd really like to know... ^_^

ferrisbuellersdayoffnm5.jpg

28887_432873.jpg

Photo credit = The Art Institute of Chicago

This is a different view - but it is the same work - by David Smith, American 1906-1965 - 'Tanktotem' - 1952

And clearly, the filming was actually done at The Art Institute of Chicago.

B)

I see this isn't the most active thread, yet I hope someone can help me out here. I'm looking for the 'running' Chanel logo. I'm not a hundred per cent who made it, if it was an artist or graphic designer or what... I think I've also seen some accessories made from the same motif/idea. Anyone know where I can find the picture in decent resolution and/or who made it? It's this one:

lordag_1232209020.jpg

(credit: myself for the image, the chanel-logo-thing here was cut out from another picture from my collection, specific source unknown I'm aftaid)

edit: the necklace I was talking about is Alex + Chloe, but I don't think they are behind the above picture)

I know this thread is pretty dead, but I thought I'd try anyway.
I found this piece in a trend book, and really want to know who it's by (it wasn't referenced), even if it's just a hunch.

3335604287_05b76d600c.jpg

I don't think there's a thread for this, but I was hoping someone could Id a painting they have at the Met museum. I had considered taking paper and a pen to write down this type of info for my trip there yesterday but I forgot. My cousin took a picture of it but I can't remember the artist name or title. It's on of the walls that lead to the next room in the European painting section. It has bright yellow and blue in the middle, the yellow being what the woman is wearing and the center has the appearance of being brightly lit and popping out of the painting. The woman has a tear coming down on one side and there are children around her, one looking especially upset. I tried checking the museum site, but I didn't find anything.

Hello, is it painted in a realistic style?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->