Which Countries Need Vogue?

vogue pakistan. pakistan has a booming high fashion industry, with many designers, such as hassan sheryar yasin and nilofer shahid, who've made it to the international stage. because we hear so much about pakistan in the news and people lump it with india, the talent there is for the most part ignored. people would be surprised how fashion concious the country is, especially considering religion and poverty. a magazine like this could really help bridge a cultural gap between the islamic world and the west. these are all works by pakistani designers and photographers, using pakistani models:

6089_229682290607_850365607_7751039_2095056_n.jpg

5896_221409170253_539115253_8126182_1961890_n.jpg

5067_1169137754712_1416017613_445722_4010885_n.jpg

2909_1054849338551_1445340248_30162165_2427601_n.jpg

n1039071287_294856_6119.jpg

n525330640_5688766_4100.jpg

n525330640_5670108_9661.jpg

n525330640_5669734_1906.jpg

a38fqOZzkqx8pmdc1ZEVWCHNo1_500.jpg

2903_158879535437_648490437_6482098_7598663_n.jpg

n1468710281_30198054_2182495.jpg

n1075603756_252767_5516.jpg

n1207772880_541881_9853.jpg

n1098645208_181302_6596.jpg

n1590835812_30118732_1922.jpg

i know that's a lot of pictures, but it does give you an idea of all the work going on in the country.

all photos from "pakistani high fashion" on facebook.

If Scandinavian Vogue were to happen, it would be very Swedish based since they got a Elle that works so well, I dont know would Vogue have a big market in Finland, Norway, Denmark or Iceland..

Wow some of those photos from Pakistan high fashion are amazing. Do you recommend any, if there are any, high fashion Pakistani magazines?

If Scandinavian Vogue were to happen, it would be very Swedish based since they got a Elle that works so well, I dont know would Vogue have a big market in Finland, Norway, Denmark or Iceland..

I think that Danish Elle is quite good - at least as good as other Danish fashion magazines - but not at all as good as Swedish Elle, so I agree with you :flower:

Conde Nast should work on other publications with those countries ... Something as High as Vogue (not Glamour) but completely apart from Vogue ... Something New ! Something Fresh ! Something Exciting ! Something that embodies those country ...
I think Vogue Australia is slowly proving that they can project an identity while still be serious and on par with international publications, so I'm not sure getting rid of currently bad versions and then having to work on a special publication for these countries would be the smartest solution when it's actually easier to revalue your priorities and existence for a while, like Vogue Aus has, and take it up from there. It'd also be a lot more challenging having to sell another (smaller) name that isn't Vogue to most countries (countries with a not very strong fashion scene), people identify Vogue easily as the magazine they can rely on and refer to when it comes to fashion, I'm not sure W or Allure can come close to the prestige and reputation for someone that's not fully immersed in fashion.

I think Vogue Portugal, Vogue México & Vogue Hellas.. they all need to take a trip to China and Australia and see how their colleagues are doing things their way right now while still keeping track of the general market. I never bought Portugal or Hellas but when it comes to Mexico in particular, I wish they'd stop replicating what's already wrong with Vogue US and V. España, and perhaps look up to smaller national publications like Celeste or Blink so they'll get a cleaner, more accurate impression of what's actually going on in the country. I also think they should stop being desperate and decide on a name, it's either Vogue Mexico or Vogue Latin America, you can't go around selling your same publication with a different name depending on the market just to gain more readers.. talk about fickle identities. :innocent:

Back on topic though -_-, I'd love to see a Vogue Sweden, that's what's urgently needed for me :P.. obviously I think Rodeo would still be ahead of them but a Vogue Sweden would attract more attention to their national scene and would also be less difficult to find (than Rodeo).
I'm not sure a Vogue Canada would be very exciting.. Belgium is just too cool to have a Vogue and Vogue South Africa would be just depressing right now, they've come a long way but are still far from being fully integrated, it'd be a little disheartening having to put up with a publication that's less interested in representing a good part of the country than say, Vogue Nippon.

^Vogue Sweden sounds interesting, many new beauties from Sweden are really good!

Vogue Lebanon or Vogue Dubai. It would be wonderful to have an Arabic Vogue. :smile::smile:

I wish a Vogue Benelux were to happen. Upcoming designers (With the Belgians upfront) with great models in the Netherlands and second Belgium. I think with creativity and a good sense of bussines and marketing it could become a good magazine.
It's not like we have many good fashion magazines.

Though I reckon it will never launch.

Idk why ASEAN countries have no Vogue. There're latest upcoming high-fashion world.
And Vogue South Africa would be good. To celebrate World-Cup...

There's Elle and Marie Claire in Hungary and they are doing good. As for Vogue, I just don't think Hungarian people are ready for that high-fashioned, sophisticated world. It would not work here. Not just yet.
(Gosh, sometimes I hate this country so bad...)

Even though Africa is a continent and not a country, would people read an African edition of Vogue?

The pics below are of photographer Mario Epanya's interpretations of what Vogue Africa would look like.

vogue-africa-may-2010-361x540.jpg

vogue-africa-march-2010-394x540.jpg

vogue-africa-june2010-370x540.jpg
images via highsnobette

^^Absolutely Stunning but not all africans are black !
I hope Conde Nast will realise Vogue Africa, even if Africa is not a country, or why not Vogue Tunisia (my country) or Vogue Morocco... I think the time has come and we deserve that!

I think the one with a real chance of becoming reality is Vogue Netherlands...huge amount of good dutch models for editorials and covers, top photographers like I&V..etc etc

I also think they should stop being desperate and decide on a name, it's either Vogue Mexico or Vogue Latin America, you can't go around selling your same publication with a different name depending on the market just to gain more readers.. talk about fickle identities. :innocent:

Wait what? I thought they were two different publications? :unsure:

I just want to see a new Vogue that's actually good unlike the latest we've gotten like Turkey. :yuk:

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait what? I thought they were two different publications? :unsure:

It´s the same publication with minor diferences. The worst part -imo- is that Vogue Mexico features clothes in eds for their season when in Latin America is the opposite one. Like now they´re featuring spring clothes when south from Ecuador is autumn! :doh:

already exist Vogue Latam (México) so I don´t think that Vogue Africa will be a problem

In terms of Africa, part of me thinks that if there existed the market to sustain an international fashion magazine across the entire continent, there would already be an Elle - a brand that's slightly more general interest than Vogue and which has no problem operating at different geographical scales (there are Elle editions in tiny countries with localised content but also ones which cover huge territories with generalised content).

There is an Elle South Africa, but no pan-African edition. There hasn't been any progress from that point. Yet why not an Elle Morocco, if L'Officiel can produce an edition? It makes me wonder where Elle will next launch an issue.

It seems like they've given up on Australia, yet even if we say the market is crowded there, the idea that Elle died while Vogue, Marie Claire, Cosmo etc live on, points to uninspired handling of the magazine rather than there being no place for it whatsoever. Perhaps not too profitable now to relaunch a print edition even in the best of circumstances.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->