Which do you prefer : French or Italian Fashion?

Reaction score
I love the Italian's fashion.. It's glamorous, so elegant, so rock, so airy.. cool!
The italian designers join the creativity with the fantasy, the comfort, the usefullness of the dresses.
Instead the French designers creating or a thing with uncomfortable dresses or another thins with very much banal ones.
what do you think about it??
VERSACE-VALENTINO-ARMANI-PRADA-GUCCI-FENDI-DOLCE&GABBANA-MISSONIetc..
VS
DIOR-CHANEL-GAULTIER-CHLOE-YSL-GIVENCHYecc...
(sorry for my english:(woot:

Last edited by a moderator:
I find french fashion rather boring too but I don't know if I prefer it to italian fashion. Though I doubt Dior is that boring :D even if it is due to John Galliano... who happens to be english!

well, i love both. nowdays is all a mix but i think i prefer the italian. but italian in french label, we can do everythings!!! design for own label and for french or other label!! for example i love stefano pilati, he's so raffinate and classic just like a french designer, but i also love the powerful and femmility woman like versace does!! :wink:

I love French fashion - it's chic, elaborate in its cuts and embellishments without going too over-the-top, and very creative (McQueen being my favourite, followed by Chanel) and quirky (Dior, Gaultier). It has a very elegant sense of luxury.

Italian fashion is sexy, but a little too flashy for me.

That being said, I'd take Vogue Italia over Vogue Paris any day.

definitely italian.
and would add british style :heart: with a taste of russian folk, american bon ton (Marc Jacobs)

anyway i love to mix all different trends.

p.s. my fav french stilists are Chanel and Chloè.

If you could reference particular designers work/collections it would give this thread more direction.

I've moved this to 'the favourites' forum :flower:

Italian fashion is probably my LEAST favourite thing in the world. So many designers (Cavalli, Valentino, D&G, Versace, Gucci) are just plain trashy in my book and Fendi and Prada and Missoni are boring -although it is hard to hate Missoni, with all it's 70s connotations. Of course it would help if you looked like Monica Bellucci :smile:woot:smile: and had that whole classic thing going on but still that isn't about art, that is about sexiness. I pay attention to the fashion weeks in this order... no 1) London 2) Tokyo 3) Paris.... after that I don't really care so much. New York is sometimes interesting.

flightychild said:
That being said, I'd take Vogue Italia over Vogue Paris any day.

Can't disagree with that! And I'd take Piaggi over Roitfeld too

I've always love Italian made clothes. The material, the tailoring, the style....!!!! With the French I like them for the haute couture. B) So I say the Italians, hands down! :D

Paris for me all the way please, im not a fan of italian as much.

I like the way the french dress, so I'm gonna go with french. I remember being in Paris and I was jealous of how well put together the women looked there. It was just so feminine. Plus, I found the shopping in Paris was awesome :-)

dlg

French, generally speaking. The Italian mainstream labels have always been much too flashy for my taste. The French labels are generally more simple yet a lot more chic imo.

French style, I'm afraid.
The French labels will go places that Italian fashion doesn't go or doesn't dare to go. I also feel that French (ok...Parisians!) dress with exquisite taste .....Italian style is a little too flashy for my taste.

French, ever since Ford left Gucci Milan just doesn't have the same appeal as it did, there's just more in Paris that I like.

An interesting question ... now that you raise it, I realize that I buy Italian designers much more often than French ... I love the idea of French fashion, but the Italians seem to make more things that actually work for me IRL. (And more reasonable, if still outrageous, price tags too ...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crowbar69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->