White Eyeliner

Discussion in 'The Beauty Cupboard' started by ohoh609, Jul 7, 2009.

1. ohoh609

ohoh609 New Member

Supposedly it's supposed to make your eyes look bigger and stuff but when I put it on it looks unnatural and weird :shock:

How do I get it to look good?

2. Eimii

Eimii New Member

I so want to know this too, I tried the white eyeliner thing out but it really did look unnatural and really didn't make my eyes look any bigger!

3. peacelover142002

peacelover142002 go red sox

Some people find a flesh-toned liner, like Stila Topaz Kajal Liner, or a pale yellow liner, like MAC Pale Yellow Eye Pencil (pro item) looks more natural than white.

4. Kimkhuu

Kimkhuu New Member

I am more into pearly white liners. I just dab it
    in the inner corner of my eyes, and on my lower
    inner lash line.

5. goregeous

goregeous New Member

Yeah white eyeliner is tough to pull off. Maybe because I'm really pale it's not as unnatural as it would be on other skin tones. But I tend to reserve it for days I want to look a little more 'dolly'. It does make my eyes look a little bigger and brighter. Usually I use MUFE's double ended pencil instead, the lightest shade brightens up the eyes without being noticeable.

6. Cado

Cado New Member

You shouldn't use a total white one if you want it to look natural, a pale yellow one is best ;)

7. goregeous

goregeous New Member

That's what I like about the double ended MUFE pencil, both sides are like pale flesh tones instead of white.

8. roisin

roisin New Member

I usually just use it on my waterline. I think it really does help to make your eyes look more awake & it makes my eyewhites look whiter.

Sometimes I also like to brush it onto an eyeshadow brush and then dab it on the inner corners of my eyes.

9. Hemmy

Hemmy New Member

OOO I never tough of it :doh: that's a good idea:flower:

10. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I've been using Stila Kajal Eyeliner pencil in Topaz along my lower lid to "brighten" my eyes, and it's far more natural than using a white liner I think. I love the effect it gives.

11. aadina

aadina New Member

I tried to use it but it seems to me that I look like an alien. It looks good on some girls though.

12. Miss Mod

Miss Mod New Member

I think a tiny bit on the inner corners usually looks nice, or the waterline to look more awake, but that's usually it. I've heard good things about the Stila liner, it's $18, right? I might have to pick one up the next time I head to Sephora.

13. MakeupYourStyle

MakeupYourStyle New Member

I think its such a neat trick, I like it in the corner of the eyes so i get that "rested" look, however I do admire those that are able to use it/pull it off on their waterline, it makes the eyes a bit more bright

14. Belowen

Belowen ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I can't actually remember how much it was, sorry! :flower:

15. December_25th

December_25th New Member

I love white eyeliner. :heart: It brightens up and enlarges the eyes and is great for making you look awake and alert, even if you may not be hehee :blush:
    I've seen a makeup tutorial video on YouTube (I think MichellePhan) where she used peach colored eyeliner to line her waterline as an alternative to white and it looked pretty too.

16. kickassgood

kickassgood New Member

love it. i have a fab one from lancome and i used to have this amazing pearl white one. need to find a replacement!

17. vintagebaby

vintagebaby New Member

Anyone used Benefit's white eyeliner before?

18. michyed

michyed THE STRANGER

I've heard of this method- it's really popular over here, but truth is it really depends on the shape/structure of your eyes. On some people it just makes your eyes look incredibly droopy. On some it looks fantastic. On me, for example, I look like some weird aliens species...