White tights and socks

miss-infamous

Reaction score
I've seen it first worn by a few girls on the street.
Then I've noticed it on all the streetstyle blogs.
Then reminded myself of Balenciaga spring 09 show.

I love the vintage, and sometimes a little bit childish look that white tights and socks give. And it's so nicely contrasting with black tights, which are everywhere, but are, of course, still perfect.

3244940766_32bed4fb8e.jpg

IMG_3373.jpg

IMG_9808.jpg

leelee-sobieski.jpg

20090129_02.jpg

1259Red&BlkWeb.jpg

photos: stilinberlin.blogspot.com, facehunter.blogspot.com, grancedore.fr, thesartoralist.com, hel-looks.com

Last edited by a moderator:
I immediately had to think about this girl, I saved this picture quite some while ago (because I felt in love with her look) from feber.se:

85157450hr1.jpg

Love the look on Leelee!.

I used to dislike white tights passionately but fell in love recently through an Encens' story. and then saw this schoolgirl with khaki broques, blue wool coat and uniform skirt and it looked so lovely :heart:.
I still don't like emphasized white socks, I don't think that's ever going to change.

2573u5h.jpg
2qn07e0.jpg

5jw3r5.jpg
205do5w.jpg

[olivierjacquet.com]

Last edited by a moderator:
Charles Anastase also tried them for his F/W 05.06 collection, but I think they were too thick.. it made the models' legs look a bit short, which is my main concern about white tights, they need to be really thin to avoid visual catastrophe. :ninja:

sm50ee.jpg
108hftg.jpg

dyrr0w.jpg
1skqw4.jpg

[lerage]

for F/W 08.09, Charles has already learned his lesson. :P

:heart:
211qlq8.jpg
10zslqg.jpg

[catwalking]

this is like corpse bride meets blair waldorf meets michael jackson...
odd no?

I like the look. 4th picture looks like a bathrobe worn out. :P

I'll admit that I do like the styling of the Encens' story... but otherwise IMO no white tights on anyone over 5-years of age.

White tights giving a futuristic look (but I still prefer vintage one:(
Balenciaga Spring 2009
00030m.jpg
00020m.jpg

style.com

white tights can look cool. I personally wouldn't wear it; just not my style. but there are very few who can pull them off right IMO. it is just really not flattering at all

i love the F/W 08.09 Charles Anastase, but personally i wouldn't wear them.

Love them ! Topshop did an off white pair called winter white or something like that , they're frustrating when they get dirty though.

I like the tights not so much the socks. They remind me of the little ankle support bandages people wear.

i love this. i love both the tights and the socks!

15485683_01_b.jpg

I'm really loving these tights from urban outfitters. channeling the chanel tights :smile:

i like white socks. im not a fan of white tights.
blaaahh.

i love both of them! i've always really loved them, only difference is now i don't have to wear them from the childrens section.

That Erin Fetherston Ailice-in-Wonderland look is really beautiful.

And I fell in love with those:

20090214_02.jpg

hel-looks.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->