Who are some of the most influential makeup artists today?

LittleMonyet

Reaction score
I was reading this article today and I didn't realise that Pati Dubroff was responsible for By Terry's Baume de Rose becoming such a cult product. I think it's so interesting how it works - that someone of influence could literally change a brand's fortunes just by loving one of their products. Who are some of the other makeup artists who you think are influential today? Oh and here's the article, in case you're curious. www.jossbox.com/insider/lip-service

When it comes to fashion makeup (shows, editorials etc) the first ones who come to my mind: :smile:

- Pat McGrath- created makeup for almost all of the top fashion designers RTW/couture shows, she was called the most influental makeup artist in the world by Vogue mag, she's also creative-design director for Max Factor or Cover Girl (they're both manufactured by Procter and Gamble);

- Lisa Eldridge- creative director of No.7, worked for Shiseido, Chanel, created the makeup for a loooot of fashion editorials, many celebs are her clients, and her tutorial videos are so inspiring and helpful!,

- Gucci Westman - artistic director of Lancôme, then Revlon’s global artistic director, worked for magazines such as Vogue or Vanity Fair,

- Jemma Kidd - opened a makeup academy, has a range of makeup products...

- Kevyn Aucoin - he was one of the best makeup artists ever, his books "Face Forward" and "Making Faces" are probably the most famous books about makeup techniques.

Laura Mercier, Bobbi Brown, Francois Nars or late Shu Uemura can be called influental because they've all set up their own international makeup brands. Most of people who are into makeup can name at least one or two products from these brands that are worldwidely popular. Like LM tinted moisturizer, Bobbi Brown creamy concealer kit/shimmer brick, Nars's blush in "Orgasm", or eyelash curler by Shu Uemura...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
camerontroy
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->