Who Is The Greatest Fashion Designer?

What is the point of choosing? It's like someone asked youy to choose only a dish that you'll have to eat your entire life! Fashion is all about combining different beautiful pieces of clothing. Each of these designers was a genius and I don't think one could rank geniality!

Originally posted by oanadobre@Apr 25th, 2004 - 9:10 am
What is the point of choosing? It's like someone asked you to choose only a dish that you'll have to eat your entire life! Fashion is all about combining different beautiful pieces of clothing. Each of these designers was a genius and I don't think one could rank geniality!
I know. This thread, though, is not about that. It is just to see IN YOUR OPINION who's the greatest. No one is saying "pick one and you'll wear that ONLY forever." :flower:

im absolutely insanely in love with Chanel, thus my desire for chanel menswear (which DOES now exist Lena.....:wink: trust me)
i want to take over from Karl when he pops off to the VIP area in heaven :magic:

Roberto Cavalli, of course! :woot:
0509fe1.jpg

nroberto_cavalli3.jpg

I love his ideas! :heart:

Originally posted by Acid@May 29th, 2004 - 9:04 am
im absolutely insanely in love with Chanel, thus my desire for chanel menswear (which DOES now exist Lena.....:wink: trust me)
i want to take over from Karl when he pops off to the VIP area in heaven :magic:
Go for it Sean! :woot:

Just don't forget us here at FS esp. when we bug you about internships at Chanel couture. :lol: :P :flower:

It was a toss up between Chanel and YSL, personally i would have voted for them both. I voted for YSL, because he was an innovator :heart:

I voted for Coco. Overall I think Chanel was very innovative. She made wearable but still elegant clothes. She invented the little black dress, if I'm not mistaken? But I could be. Link about Coco and then talks about Chanel.

In regards to couture gowns, I'd say Givenchy. There is one dress he did for Jaqueline Kennedy that I drool over at least once a week in my Jakie Kennedy book. :innocent:

I would say YSL. He was there with Dior . He ws the Link from the past to the present. He has had such a bright career, I guess his best was during the 70's and 80's. I really respect him and his legacy.

Originally posted by Asdiklon@May 29th, 2004 - 4:27 pm
Roberto Cavalli, of course! :woot:
0509fe1.jpg

nroberto_cavalli3.jpg

I love his ideas! :heart:
I actually like Roberto Cavalli, but I would have to say that those aren't particularly attractive examples of his work. To me at least... :ninja:

Coco Chanel..my idol!! She was a genius and worked hard at everything she did..

I voted Balenciaga...but I would have to say Emanuel Ungaro and Valentino are the best :innocent:

I know that I picked Valentino before, but I have another-Tom Ford...Although many may argue that he isn't a designer, I think he is one of the greats of my time anyway...He changed the way people looked at fashion and made people really really want things...He created an image and a brand that will go down in history and for that I think he is another greatest fashion designer :flower:

TOM FORD..............he's brilliant, talanted, and just unbeatable. He has a sense of originality with a flair for the modern, edgy, classic, and sexy. I wish he would continue his career.I always wanted to walk his runway!!!

I voted Chanel, simply because of the designers listed she was the first to truly revolutionize how women dress, of course Dior and Balenciaga and YSL did as well, but Chanel did it the earliest of them all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sl4vicd0ll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->