Originally posted by Terrima183@Dec 8 2004, 11:16 AM
Karl Lagerfeld (full stop)
:boxer: undisputed champion
[snapback]455592[/snapback]​
I totally agree with you. :flower:

Originally posted by maskedmannequin@Dec 4 2004, 05:42 PM
elsa schiparelli?
[snapback]450865[/snapback]​

Schiaparelli! Most definitely!!! I have a few books on her, and not a day goes by that I dont feel like ripping out those pages & plastering them all over my wall (but I dont--literature destruction is absolute nonsense)! I personally like her clothes over Chanel. To me, Chanel just seemed, oh, I dont know--old ladyish...But Schiaparelli, her clothes really spoke to me. That famed lobster-dress (a similar dress which wound up on the D&G catwalk)! Her clothes for Marlene Dietrich! Her use of embroidery! Like others who are reading this, I, too study fashion-design, but my emphasis is definitely on hats, and I always return for Schiaparelli for inspiration.

This is hard. Some of my all-time favorites are Coco Chanel, Yves Saint Laurent, Miuccia Prada and Schiaparelli. Some more moderns, Williamson and de la Renta. I would have to go with Schiaparelli in the end, though.

vionnet
can't find a decent pic of balenciaga...trying to bring this thread back..easy to forget about history

Last edited by a moderator:
id have to say, considering real influence on modern fashion, craftmanship and over-all design value of his ouevre: cristobal balenciaga... and of the current day designers, of course, nicolas ghesquiere :heart: i also have a soft spot for anything karl lagerfeld

Last edited by a moderator:
Karl Lagerfeld is on the top. Though I don't like him as a person, he's best designer ever ... And I respect him for that :smile:

At the moment, in no particular order...

Stefano Pilati, Christian Lacroix, Hedi Slimane, Miuccia Prada & Yohji Yamamoto, Alexander McQueen... :shock: And the list goes on... :ninja::ninja::ninja:

KARL KARL KARL....
then, in no particular order :P, viktor&rolf, marc jacobs, alber elbaz, RAF SIMONS, hedi slimane, and dries van noten
the list is probably a lot longer than that... but i'm on a "designerslistedabove" mood today...

vivienne westwood has my heart, it's hard to just pick one, there are so many.........:innocent:

StyleIsInUs said:
Karl Lagerfeld is on the top. Though I don't like him as a person, he's best designer ever ... And I respect him for that :smile:

Well, he may be tops for self-promotion ... :innocent:

Karl Lagerfield! Coco Chanel, Armani, Oscar, Viktor & Rolf ( I just think they're really cool :D. They always come up with something really strange like the bed dresses or the masks last season)

in terms of men's wear..i would say hedi slimane
in terms of women's wear..it's hard to say..at the moment..i would say alexander mcqueen

but madeleine vionnet and jeanne lanvin will always be on my list..
especially lanvin...i love alber elbaz's designs for lanvin too
but hedi slimane will still be my idol:lol:

^ Love Alber Elbaz as well :heart:

+ Tom Ford, JPG, Nicolas Ghesquiere

hmm
tough question
modern: olivier theyskens
old: balenciaga or givenchy (jeanne lanvin also did some really nice stuff)

alexander mcqueen,john galliano,alber elbaz,hedi slimane and olivier theyskens.they're all the modern ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->