Who Is The Greatest Fashion Designer?

Gianni Versace. His clothes is like a breath of fresh-air and very colorful and fun to wear. His fashion shows are always entertaining and I think hes one of the few people in the business that value his models.

Christian Dior, definetly Dior.....New Look: stunning!!!! I like it that he bounced into Chanels vision on women and actually got succesfull with it too....He's just my God....

This is a difficult question, but i will narrow it down to a couple of favorites.

Yves Saint Laurent ,Miuccia Prada, Azzedine Alaia, Karl Lagerfeld, Marc Jacobs, Tom Ford, Madame Gres, Madeleine Vionnet, Helmut Lang, Jean Paul Gaultier,
Manolo Blahnik, Narciso Rodriguez, Nicolas Ghesquiere, Cristobal Balenciaga, Alber Elbaz, Christian Dior, Coco Chanel, and I think I Should stop because I definitely listed more than a couple of favorites :blush: :doh: :blush: :doh:

Originally posted by dreaminginprint....@Jun 29th, 2004 - 3:54 pm
This is a difficult question, but i will narrow it down to a couple of favorites.

..... and I think I Should stop because I definitely listed more than a couple of favorites :blush: :doh: :blush: :doh:
You totally read my mind :P

Azzedine Alaïa
“Let’s face it: Vionnet is the source of everything, the mother of all of us.”

Cristobal Balenciaga
“Madame Vionnet is my master. I owe her everything.”

Hussein Chalayan
“Vionnet inspired a way of thinking in cutting principles that is still visible today.”

Christian Dior
“No one has ever carried the art dressmaking further than Vionnet.”

Tom Ford
“Her tailoring has inspired generations of designers.”

John Galliano
“Of all of the couturiers of the century, Vionnet is the one who inspires me the most.
She is my main influence. Her sense of voluptness is unique.

Jean-Paul Gaultier
“Madeleine Vionnet epitomized the height of Haute Couture.”

Sophia Kokosalaki :
"I like Vionnet for her technical genius".

Karl Lagerfeld
“ Everybody, whether he likes it or not, is under the influence of Vionnet.”

Stella McCartney
“With Chanel and St Laurent, Vionnet is the designer I admire the most.”

Issey Miyake
“I always considered Vionnet to be the greatest, the only one!
When I create my models, I think of her.”

Zac Posen
“Madeleine Vionnet created modern, timeless looks that,
although they were created in the '30s, look like they could be from today.”

Narciso Rodriguez
“Madeleine Vionnet is my touchstone of inspiration because of her architecture and femininity,
and her linear yet sensuous designs that mixed form and fluidity; that were pure yet detailed.”

Jil Sander
“I admire the way she cuts dresses.”

Dries Van Noten
“I admire her for the use of the bias cut.”

Gianni Versace
“I owe much to Madeleine Vionnet.”

Vivienne Westwood
“Vionnet is the designer I admire the most.
Like her, I design simply and geometrically, directly onto a mannequin.”

Yohji Yamamoto
“I am searching for her shadow.”

:angel: gianni versace.... was the god of the fashion world... may he rest in peace :cry:

I voted for other because I truly think Yohji Yamamoto is the designer ever. I think he's very innovative and inspiring.

However, if I had choose off the list provided, it would be a tie between Vionnet and Balenciaga. Both were extraordinary and it's hard to choose.

Originally posted by Astrid21@Dec 3 2004, 03:25 AM
I voted for other because I truly think Yohji Yamamoto is the designer ever. I think he's very innovative and inspiring.

[snapback]448743[/snapback]​

2nd. Yohji is my favorite designer...then again I'll have to admit I'm not familiar with some of the older designers from the past.

Dior, I wish I had the money to buy some pieces from SS05. The fabrics and patterns are gorgeous, I love it.

Christian Dior for me, his designs set something off in me that i can't explain, i don't think theyre could be another like him to me.

He was fantastic :heart: .

Originally posted by perlefine@Dec 4 2004, 05:31 PM
Dior, I wish I had the money to buy some pieces from SS05. The fabrics and patterns are gorgeous, I love it.
[snapback]450841[/snapback]​

Dior isn't designed by Christian Dior (he's dead) , it is John Galliano - But To me Galliano is the greatest contemporary designer, no matter what anyone else would say to that. :flower:

Originally posted by Ms. Diorella@Dec 4 2004, 10:38 PM
Dior isn't designed by Christian Dior (he's dead) , it is John Galliano - But To me Galliano is the greatest contemporary designer, no matter what anyone else would say to that. :flower:
[snapback]450853[/snapback]​

I'm quite new in the designerworld so I knew this would happen :blush: Thanks for telling me :flower: gonna edit my post (if that option is still available, sometimes it suddenly disappears or is that normal?)

Originally posted by perlefine@Dec 4 2004, 04:57 PM
I'm quite new in the designerworld so I knew this would happen :blush: Thanks for telling me :flower: gonna edit my post (if that option is still available, sometimes it suddenly disappears or is that normal?)
[snapback]450882[/snapback]​
Don't be embarrassed. :flower: The edit function is available for ten minutes after the post.

You should take a look at Christian Dior's actual designs. They're wonderful. You'll see that never in a million years would he design anything that Galliano is doing for his label.

Originally posted by AlexN@Dec 5 2004, 12:18 AM
Don't be embarrassed. :flower: The edit function is available for ten minutes after the post.

You should take a look at Christian Dior's actual designs. They're wonderful. You'll see that never in a million years would he design anything that Galliano is doing for his label.
[snapback]450971[/snapback]​

:smile:

Now I see it, it's a very clear difference. I guess it was quite a risk to let Galliano take his place as chief designer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
barakz12
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->