Who Is Your Favorite Makeup Artist?

KEVYN AUCOIN only made me pay attention to make up artists. b4 him, i didnt thinkthey were important :unsure:

I was looking around and found this topic. I saw a autobiography on him in NY and wanted to go back and purchase it but ran out of time. Now I have to find it, does anyone know the title? Alejandro, thanks for posting all the info,I found it very interesting. :flower:

I just saw Kevyn doing a cameo on Strangers With Candy (Season 2=disc 1)- how can he not be the coolest ever??

Originally posted by model_mom@Apr 9th, 2004 - 10:35 pm
I was looking around and found this topic. I saw a autobiography on him in NY and wanted to go back and purchase it but ran out of time. Now I have to find it, does anyone know the title? Alejandro, thanks for posting all the info,I found it very interesting. :flower:
are you referring to A Beautiful Life? It is an amazing book-he was an amazing person :heart:

kevyn aucoin is THE original
but
pat mcgrath is a goddess
&
i <333 tom pecheux

Kevyn Aucoin is a legend... I like to remember him through his books and old Allure pages... :cry:

I voted for Pat McGrath becuase even though I think Kevin did amazing makeup (no doubt about that) Pat does have some ideas that Kevin never did, look at F/W 03 Dior, she used rubber as makeup. While I think they're both talented, Pat runs the gammut from beautifully done classic make-up to totally outrageous and imaginative art on a face

Kevyn was brilliant and the fact he died young gaves him a legend status.

But IMO the make-up he did for Sarah Jessica P. in SATC (the episode where she models for Dolce&Gabbana) was ugly :yuk:

He is legendary for many reasons. He was the first to bring makeup artistry to a new level-no one knew the names of makeup artists before him. His influence on the industry paved the way for today's artists. Most of all, he is legendary for the amount of heart he brought to his work and to the world :flower:

My fav. makeup artist is "Charlie Green" she's worked on sooo many fashion shows and with fashion designers. She sells her products on T.V. and they sell out all the time.
I think she's beautiful and she's the reason why the models are pretty in all of Betsey Johnson's fashion shows. I do believe she's the best.

Kevyn Aucoin is BY FAR, THE I-CHING! I loved that man and his talent. I cried the day he died. I will miss him terribly. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hasunny428
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->