Who Should Be the Next Supermodels?

Discussion in 'The ETC's of the Modeling World' started by ToniOrtega, Aug 25, 2009.

View Users: View Users
  1. ToniOrtega

ToniOrtega Member

I believe that, in these times of Recession, Fashion needs that particular interest from many MANY people! The same kind of interest when Linda, Naomi, Christy, Claudia, Cindy, and Kate were the reigning queens of an industry we call "Fashion"

I believe that these 6 young models have what it takes to be the next "Big 6" don't you? .......

Charlotte di Calypso
    [​IMG]
    onemanagement.com

Toni Garrn
    [​IMG]
    oknation.net

Anna Selezneva
    [​IMG]
    teamsugar.com

Jourdan Dunn
    [​IMG]
    glam.com

Karlie Kloss
    [​IMG]
    fashionjournalistinthecity.blogspot.com

Arlenis Sosa Pena
    [​IMG]
    vivafashionblog.com

If you think the there are models that should be included or be replaced with one of the models on my list, feel free to post about it! :)
    I only ask that you do it in a courteous and polite way! :)

#1 ToniOrtega, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited by moderator : Aug 26, 2009
  2. carmen_kass

carmen_kass Active Member

^I actually agree with all of them except Arlenis, someone like Monika Jagaciak seems much more likely to be on the right track to supermodel-dom. LOL

3. Franzy

Franzy New Member

I think Karlie Kloss would be the next big thing. I mean, the exposure she gets especially in the American media is overwhelming. And I think with VOGUE at your back, she'll be more recognized. :flower:

4. Echoes

Echoes Confused & Bewildered

Never heard of any of them.

Clearly one of the big names of the near future is Hilary Rhoda. She's already on track to storm into the public eye in a big way and has one of the best chances of becoming known in the way some of the former Supers were.

5. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Lara Stone, I mean she's everywhere! I GO FOR LARA STONE

6. Filipe

Filipe New Member

There won't be NEXT supermodels ... supermodels' times are over, that belonged to the 90's ...

7. nijuyanah

nijuyanah New Member

I think girls like Sasha, Daria, Gemma, Lara or even Karlie are defenitely the ones who will be remembered like the supers.

8. kito09

kito09 the echo of silence.

Natasha Poly: Shes already a top model. But I think her next top is: Supermodel.

Shes got that walk, that energy, she can draw you in to whatever shes doing, She is IT. Don't need to explain my self much further. :crush:

9. Filipe

Filipe New Member

^ ^Yes supers although only Gemma is a supermodel, the rest isn't & won't be able to be.

10. nijuyanah

nijuyanah New Member

^ Well, for me "supermodels" are the girls from that certain era (in the 90's, as you mentioned) like Claudia, Cindy, Naomi etc. so I wouldn't exactly list Gemma with them.
    And I also don't think there'll be a nother supermodel-era, but as I said, I'm pretty sure there are a couple of models who will be remembered even in 10 years.

11. Filipe

Filipe New Member

^ No Gemma is considered a supermodel as far as I know ... It belonged to the 90's but it wasn't literally over after the 90's.

The supermodel is dead, says Claudia Schiffer

dailymail.co.uk

#11 Filipe, Aug 25, 2009
    Last edited by moderator InnocentCriminal: Aug 25, 2009
  12. carmen_kass

carmen_kass Active Member

"In order to become a supermodel one must be on all the covers all over the world at the same time so that people can recognise the girls."

Well that's not strictly true, Anna Selezneva is a current model who has been on the covers of Vogue Paris, Russia, China, Nippon, Australia, Italy, and the cover of V Magazine and even before her there's girls like Freja, Daria, Natasha and Gemma who have been on all those covers multiple times and the general public still doesn't know who they are.

13. Lanick

Lanick New Member

I think Alina Ismailova definitely will be very popular and successful model:
    [​IMG][​IMG]

also Anna Selezneva, Abbey Lee and Jac:heart:

(viva pics)

14. ToniOrtega

ToniOrtega Member

Thanks for Posting on my Thread guys! :)

On the topic on how the Supermodel is Dead, maybe they are dead! But that doesn't mean that they couldn't be resurrected! And these girls just show that, even when they're very young, the could still kick a** and look like the sh** the way the 90's Supermodels did it!

But I very much value the opinion of my fellow TFS members! :)

15. Crimson C.C

Crimson C.C New Member

Magdalena Frackowiak just because of the whole "structured vibe fashion has these days", and that jaw line is razor sharp. But dreamy

16. Filipe

Filipe New Member

Times are different now:
    dailymail.co.uk

There's also a thread about that article: http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f63/supermodel-dead-says-claudia-schiffer-59699.html

17. Juliax

Juliax Active Member

Noone of current working models will or can be supermodels. Ill be glad if Im wrong but right now its like that.

There are some however who can come somewhat close to it ( Hilary, Natalia Vodianova and some others)...

18. supermodel

supermodel Active Member

i agree with claudia schiffer with the fact that the supermodel era is completely over
    we won't have anymore actual "supermodels" of cindy and claudia's level... i think we'll just have models at the top who fade away after a few years.

19. VogueElle Addict

VogueElle Addict Rhoda Addict

Yeah. If she keeps a high public profile like so far she can reach the supermodel status for her own

20. Yulio

Yulio New Member

Vlada! i love her an her mannerisms