Your Top Five Ad Campaigns of F/W 2004.05

Originally posted by nycgirl84@Aug 28 2004, 10:13 PM

Dislike: Guess, Versace, Baby Phat, Jean Paul Gaultier

Sorry, that was a few more than five.
[snapback]348526[/snapback]​

Oh...I completely forgot...I really dislike Guess and Baby Phat...EW.

Loved the YSL campaign with Gemma, stuuunning!!! Don't like the Dior adds either, used to look really different, now they just look tacky to me! Liked the miumiu campaign, all looks very luxe! Seems to be loads of actresses doing all the big brand campaigns right now!

Originally posted by Meg@Aug 29 2004, 03:43 AM
I think the Hermes ones are the worst!! I can't believe you like them chick!
[snapback]348623[/snapback]​

Really? I thought they were so fresh and beautiful. I love the lighting and I love Isabeli. Apparently the ribbon concept was taken from a very, very old Hermes campaign from the 1930's or something. So the slogan "Everything changes but nothing changes" is clever, especially since the house itself is undergoing change what with Margiela leaving and Gaultier taking over. :cry:

These ads are probably my favorite of the entire season. I always love Hermes ads, though! Maybe it's just me.

BEST

1. Versace - Especially those red pix are amazing. I luv the 80s and I love the retro 80s even more. Maria Carla rules...

2. Hermes - Great styling, great girls, great photos and those classic Hermes clothes and scarves.

3. YSL - Classy opium den, amazing orchids, oriental Gemma, well, how could I NOT love this. She is so beautiful and the clothes are gorgeous.

4. Calvin Klein - I have not liked the previous campaigns much, especially not the last one, but this one is another story. Those dead branches, the dead concrete study, the dead daring look in Natalia's eyes. She rules there, but I'm wondering what Hana could do with a similar shot. Or Gemma. Very similar to his spring Vogue Italia editorial with the same color composition and the same theme. Just sexier.

5. Prada - Gemma's pic is great, she's a live doll, the rest is so so. This is an example of how one great model far outshines the others.

WORST

1. Armani - please not one more round of really boring photography and boring poses.

2. Hugo Boss - So uninspired, I have no idea why Luca gets all the jobs. She's pretty and there are some pix that work but not the ones shown in the mags.

3. Ralph Lauren w Valentina - Too boring for words. Like a fistfull of codein.

4. Dior - it's not 1999 anymore, thank God. Sadly outdated.

5. Gucci - This is just boring and Daria doesn't have much of a pull on me.

loserunit - I haven't seen Natalia in the CK Choice ads - only Heather, Liliane and Jeisa.

whe hapen with de ZARA f/w 2004 with Hana S. by MARIO TESTINO please i need info thanks in advance
dariawerbowy-03.jpg

The Versace ad looks so cheap...like an updated Express version!

1 - Fendi
2 - Gucci
3 - Oscar de la Renta
4 - YSL
5 - Versace

iluvjeisa - thanks for reminding me - I think the RL ones were so terrible to me I put them out of my mind all together...I hated them. So bland, so monochromatic, and the clothes were simply ugly. I love RL, and I wear them all the time, but not those!

Misako - I find myself choosing RL accessories now and then. They make some good stuff. Those photos are not very inspiring, though.

my favourites were (in no particular order:(
lanvin
sonia rykiel
ysl
prada
carolina herrera

I also liked the ungaro & gucci ads :flower:

I like :blush:
YSL , Dolce and Gabbana ( super cool atmosphere :heart: ), Fendi (beautiful Eugenia), Gucci ( I found them bland at first, but Daria looks gorgeous) :wink: , Valentino (but Gisele looks a bit too mannish sometimes)

whatever
Prada, Versace( a bit bland), Missoni ( same ad as last season),

disappointing
Celine ( too bad, the collection was great),
Chloe ( bad quality shot, the cothes and the models don't look good :( )

I don't really like :unsure:
Chanel ( bland, as every season;Karl could have done better with Isabeli), :wacko:
Dior (it's the same ad every season, they could change the model or the concept)

No.1 - Calvin Klein (Natalia looks glamorous)
2 - Anna Molinari
3 - Versace
4 - Emanuel Ungaro
5 - TSE

top 5:

1) dolce and gabbana -- the idea of androgyny played so beautifully.
2) chloe -- i love the high sense of drama and the idea of hystericaly reacting to an unseen fear -- so right for today.
3) prada -- for mixing the utter opulence of old world romance with the playful modernity of tricks and structured bags in a way that actually works
4) gf ferre with loise pedersen so perfect but with that thrown off glamour.
5) valentino for that simply cinematic ad with perfection herself, gisele

honorable nod to fendi simply bc i endorse any company that keeps brad working... :innocent:

Prada - dreamy. Love the accessory and hand shots on the back of the medium shots showing the models and clothes in some magazine's pull-out ads.

Gucci - Daria just hits the spot. The G-engraved scotch glasses are the icing on the cake.

Bottega Venetta - something about the atmosphere of these ads has me drawn in this season.

Dolce - androgyny meets glamour, executed perfectly. Extra points for putting Marija in the ads. :P

Hermes - the shot where Isabeli and Lilianne are wearing Hermes' famous silky squares of fabric as headscarves sold it too me. Great mods.

One more... I'm not cheating. :innocent:

YSL - sublime modern oriental theme. They're just beautiful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nise
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->