Who was the model of 2007 and who will be for 2008?

i have a feeling 2008 will be the return of grungy models. i think 2007 was alot about glamourous blondes, like doutzen etc, a desperate try to return to the age of supermodels. 08 will be all about edgy, boyish girls. meghan c will probably lead the pack, she's the original moody odd beauty.

I have to add Abbey Lee and also Lera S to the list of girls for next year.

I agree with Abbey Lee, but I have to say that I think that Lera S will be a one-hit wondermodel. I think her look is very yesterday and not very versatile. I think Simona M falls in the same category, but somehow I think she'll be a two-hit wondermodel. They don't have the look that the industry seems to want...I dunno if this is bullcrap, but this is how I see it.

i hope on 2008 evry single designer will choose girl with nice personality, catwalk, face, body... now they are gonig a bit too far. some models are looking wierd, ugly, i just can not enjoy clothes. for example i don't understand why evrybody were working with lera s, suvi...
i love beutiful girls as magda, oxana pautova, inguna, ...

For 2007 is quite tough to pick just one girl so i go for one of these ladies:
RAQUEL ZIMMERMANN
COCO ROCHA
NATASHA POLY
LARA STONE

and for 2008 i would love to see more of those girls:
DENISA DVORAKOVA - just cant get enought of her!
KAMILA FILIPCIKOVA - incredible and didnt see any new edits yes so its about time for her to hit it big!
ZUZANA STRASKA - the coolest girl on the scene right now!

^i also got so many girs i like but can not get enought.
is it possible for girl do one not very good seasson and then get all major shows?
zuzana did not did good last seasson, but i would love to see her doing better next seasson. same with a lot of new girls.
and they don't have new eds. it just makes me crazy :D

Model of 2007 was definitely Raquel.
Model of 2008 will hopefully be Tanya D.

1. Raquel Zimmermann
S/S & F/W07 - Fendi (x2), Gucci fragance, Fendi fragance, Chanel eyewear, DSquared2, Emanuel Ungaro, H&M. Covers: Vogue US, Brazil, Taiwan, Hellas. V (x2).
2. Sasha Pivovarova
S/S &F/W07 - Prada (x2), Prada fragance, Prada Resort, Prada Sport, Armani beauty. Covers: Vogue Italia (x2), Taiwan, US, UK, Russia, Nippon(x2), Numero.
3. Lara Stone
S/S &F/W07 - Ck beauty, Ck jeans, Givenchy(x2), Givenchy fragance, MaxMara. Covers: Vogue Paris, Nippon, Italia.

1. Anja Rubik
Everybody seems to be loving her right now, I think she'll only get better this year. A bunch of campaigns, a major Vogue cover is just bound to happen.
2. Meghan Collison
Meisel's new favorite! Big covers and campaigns are coming. She's very versatile and I only expect big things from her.
3. Isabeli Fontana
I think her comeback is great! I hope the best for her! She's booked a bunch of Vogue Paris eds, Numero, Vogue Italia, it's just a matter of time to a big cover/campaign to appear!

Last edited by a moderator:
a certainly am hoping for a Vogue Cover for Anja. Just more covers in general for her, actually. She already has enough campaigns, but i bet she'll get even more.

GO ANJA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap:

1. Raquel Zimmermann
S/S & F/W07 - Fendi (x2), Gucci fragance, Fendi fragance, Chanel eyewear, DSquared2, Emanuel Ungaro, H&M. Covers: Vogue US, Brazil, Taiwan, Hellas. V (x2).
2. Sasha Pivovarova
S/S &F/W07 - Prada (x2), Prada fragance, Prada Resort, Prada Sport, Armani beauty. Covers: Vogue Italia (x2), Taiwan, US, UK, Russia, Nippon(x2), Numero.
3. Lara Stone
S/S &F/W07 - Ck beauty, Ck jeans, Givenchy(x2), Givenchy fragance, MaxMara. Covers: Vogue Paris, Nippon, Italia.

1. Anja Rubik
Everybody seems to be loving her right now, I think she'll only get better this year. A bunch of campaigns, a major Vogue cover is just bound to happen.
2. Meghan Collison
Meisel's new favorite! Big covers and campaigns are coming. She's very versatile and I only expect big things from her.
3. Isabeli Fontana
I think her comeback is great! I hope the best for her! She's booked a bunch of Vogue Paris eds, Numero, Vogue Italia, it's just a matter of time to a big cover/campaign to appear!

You count Vogue Taiwan and Hellas as covers? :lol: Those are just reprints. I've seen Raquel in some Bosnian magazines too, but you wouldn't count those as covers, right?

I hope that 2008 will finally be Tanya's year, I think she's a great model, she can look commercial and high fashion too.
I also hope that Freja will make a comeback, maybe with longer hair? :P
And that Catherine McNeil will fade out completely :ninja:

:rofl: I counted on Sasha's as well :P

I hope good things for Tanya as well, I hope she gets more editorials! :woot: Big ones!

^ I agree about Tanya....if she's as determined as we are then she should start doing the couture shows for starters...that would help (she never did couture, eventhough she's the most perfect model for couture out there)

Hopefully she'll get the visa this January, maybe for a tiny appearance at the SS 08 HC shows? And that finally Carine and Franca notice her, she's definitely overlooked by them, while some models are definitely too much on those mags (see Catherine, Maryna).

if meghan was the model of 2007, then i think amanda laine will be the model for 2008. she's like the new meghan, moody and not universally appealing. she walked prada, balenciaga and didn't she close louis vuitton?

Tanya definitely has what it takes to be the model of 2008. I'll be crossing my fingers! :P

^ i love her, but she's been around for a while now and had a fair share of runway and editorial work so i don't see her being the model of 08. she's like already at the top anyways.

Toni has exploded at the end of this year, she will be a force to reckon with in 2009..

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kaykaystake
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->