Who Will Succeed John Galliano At Dior? #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
If this was a TV show all you would hear is beeppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Wang at Dior - GTFO. Over my dead body.

I don't mind Wang as long as he stays in NY putting out his overpriced ''sportswear''.

Why hasn't a female been considered yet.

all we need is intro music and this is pretty much a soap saga that writes itself. get some advertisers on board and it's a wrap!

this also brings me back to that article about Zac Posen and how he thinks he would get a call from Dior. looks like the applicant pool just became wide open, he may just get that phone call...

Oh, come on....this is just never going to be over. Just hand it over to Tom Ford already...

Some of the designers considered for Dior have been absolutely ridiculous!! Marc Jacobs & Alexander Wang can't even manage to create good collections for their OWN line, let alone Dior- INCLUDING COUTURE!!!! The right designer for Dior is Olivier Theyskens. I know he didn't sell well at Nina Ricci, but I think working for Theory has really helped him grow commercially. LVMH just needs to let him create art on the runway, and then let someone else edit the peices into something more wearable. Could you imagine the couture collections with Theyskens?!?! :woot:

Hire John Galliano Back!!!...

Now!!!...

Paging John Galliano...maybe all this fallacy is just building up to the return of John Galliano...doing it just to get some press and then BAM, he's back....yeah, okay. Maybe not...

OMG! Yes! Wouldnt it be like the best if they´d bring him back???

And that he would shine like a thousand suns? He does have what it takes!!!!!

PS Im getting a bit tired of this game .. its like w whodunnit mystery ... they might as well hire LiLo (thought I would be prefer someone obscure or ...) nonoonn.. Bring John BACK!

^ I agree 1,000%!! The world loves a comeback story, and (as Chanel will see some day) some people are close to irreplaceable!! :wink:

If this was a soap opera it definitely jumped the shark:ninja:

My reactions in chronological order: disbelieve, laughter, tears. I'm not even kidding.

It actually is kind of sick and very messed up. It is beyond screwy, the entire thing. I mean, if they really wanted to replace John, wouldn't they have just done it soon after the scandal. It would have made more sense--just end that chapter and continue on. Instead, everyone talks about it for ages, the vacant seat at Dior: can it and will it ever REALLY be filled? I would have named a successor immediately...Bill whatever his name has made one big mess and this SS12 will be just as messy...the musical chairs thing has got to stop, because it is clearly having a mad effect on the creative minds that run this industry, as seen in such a messy season...

Why hasn't a female been considered yet.

Don't know.

Can Dior and the Couture show be done by different designers? It is not like it has to be the same person for every single little section of Dior. I am guessing that the reason that this has not happened is because LVMH would be paying quite more for multiple design talent instead of one person for ready-to-wear, resort, couture, etc. Am I on the right track?

Maybe Sidney Toledano is still waiting John´ call.
I am curious what things around this are hidden to people, to the press.
Nobody says nothing.

Is there any petite main twitting something?

Paging John Galliano...maybe all this fallacy is just building up to the return of John Galliano...doing it just to get some press and then BAM, he's back....yeah, okay. Maybe not...

What if they actually already hired a new designer and kept it very secret?
Do you think it could be possible?

I mean Gayten already made me cry when I saw his couture collection, it's weird that LVMH lets him keep going for ss2012. That would be 2 shows without a reliable designer. Maybe they have someone, kept it quiet and all of sudden next week this unknown person will take the bow.
But i don't really believe it

I've been tired of it for months now.
I think it's pretty much a given at this point that Jacobs will get the job. As the article says, why would LVMH allow rumors to spread about negotiations between Dior and Jacobs if he's gonna stay at Vuitton? And all these other rumors about other possible contenders at Dior seem to be mere publicity stunts. They strike me as a "keep your eyes on Dior" type of thing.

ITA! It's getting a little insulting now, the names going around, and it's getting old, I don't want Marc at Dior, but I feel like that will be the outcome, and if they are trying to throw us off the scent, they are failing miserably, Alexander Wang! Really? (giving LVMH the side eye....)

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol: alexander wang :lol: no offense but who on earth would ever trust somebody mostly known for jersey sweatshirts and combat trousers to helm a major house like dior....known for artisanship,showmanship,couture.....who???? i mean are people really that desperate(not to mention ignorant) to bandy his name about now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->