Why Celebs Didn’t Steal the Spotlight During New York Fashion Week

Discussion in 'In the News...' started by farou7a, Feb 21, 2010.

1. farou7a

farou7a New Member

source: fashionista.com

2. seahorseinstripe

seahorseinstripe New Member

agree, i'm not interested seeing celebs on front row. they got paid and they don't have style.
    i prefer to see models style before the show, editors and yeah some bloggers are nice too although i think they are way overrated lately. and in a way those bloggers are "paid" too

3. farou7a

farou7a New Member

half of these celebs are just socialites anyway. (paris, kim etc)
    i dont mind celebs being there but to be paid for it is like.. i dont know, a favour?
    just be there to support the designers u choose to wear u know?
    i am SO for bloggers being there :P

4. ponytrot

ponytrot New Member

Excellent!

I get pissed off with celebs in the front row, frankly idgaf about their style or their camera-wh*ring. I also don't see the point of D-list celebrities, who haven't done anything decent since ever, showing up and posing their heads off.

I would MUCH rather see the style of editors and buyers on the front row - usually provides inspiration, or bloggers and writers - as they provide the means of communication of the show to the viewer/public.

So as far as I'm concerned, less celebrities at fashion shows the better! :woot:

5. farou7a

farou7a New Member

^ YES! the last statement is TOO true.

6. Psst!It's...Evie

Psst!It's...Evie New Member

IA with the people who said the designers are doing the celebs a favor anyway by inviting them. Yeah, you want publicity, but many of these celebs like Kim K. would show up anyway as long as there were cameras around to keep her around longer. With bloggers, I dont think they should invite just anyone, just the ones with the most traffic who truly love fashion.

7. KhaoticKharma

KhaoticKharma Amour Comme Hiver

I didn't know celebs got paid to go to fashion shows, seriously. I'd go for free- and consider it a privilege!!

I don't think all celebs are style-less leeches; there are a few that I do think are genuinely interested in the fashion (Olsen twins, Kanye West, Anne Hathaway) that just so happen to be very high profile and get photographed a lot. Not their fault. But I suppose it comes with the territory...

8. Drusilla_

Drusilla_ Member

Same here!

Or they have a relationship with the designer, like Kirsten Dunst at Rodarte (and she quite clearly has a genuine interest in fashion in her own right too) or Sofia Coppola who's been Marc Jacobs's muse. But do I really give a f*ck about Jessica Bi(e)lious and her bland self pretending to care about fashion so they can have some publicity? No thanks.

9. sonyagirl

sonyagirl New Member

Completely agree.

Been to too many shows where I can't identify the star. I only know she is a celeb because all of the cameras around her.