Why do we consume style? What perception does it have?

well....what do'ya think??

• there can never be an answer

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • i've learnt something new

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • wow

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • very insightful

• there can never be an answer

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • i've learnt something new

• wow

Votes: 1 20.0%
  • very insightful

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

EsSees83

Reaction score
Help Me find out by AnswerIng these 6 SimPle questions…u can be as brief or defined as u like with ur answers…and if u really get in the mood a pic or 2/3/4/5/6 to assist/visualise or which influence ur answers are more than welcome ……

1. What Does style Mean to u? :blink:

2. How DO U DEFINE it? :wink:

3. Are there examples which encapsulate it?:innocent:

4. Does sTyle have icons?:sick:

5. Does style cross over disciplines?:lol:

6. Does style have a socio/economic/historical context?:huh:

I GREATLY LOOK FOWARD TO READING UR ANSWERS AS IM BEYOND EXCITEMENT!! HAVE FUN AND BE HONEST, DARING AND OPEN YOUR EYES:heart: :heart: :heart:

1. What Does style Mean to u? :blink:
STYLE TO ME IS NOT ABOUT WHAT YOURE WEARING BUT HOW YOU WEAR IT. YOU HAVE TO LOOK EFFORTLESS AND NEVER OVER DRESSED ALL THE TIME. YOU CAN PULL OFF ANYTHING FROM A BIN BAG TO AN ELIE SAAB FLOATY DRESS. KATE MOSS HAS DEFINATELY GOT STYLE DOWN PAD!

2. How DO U DEFINE it? :wink:

SEE IN ABOVE ANSWER!

3. Are there examples which encapsulate it?:innocent:
KATE MOSS IS THE ULTIMATE ANSWER BUT THERES ALSO VICTORIA BECKHAM, MARY-KATE AND ASHLEY OLSEN ETC

4. Does sTyle have icons?:sick:
OF COURSE IT DOES - HOW DO YOU KNOW WHAT IS AND ISNT STYLE IF YOU DONT HAVE SOMETHING TO COMPARE IT WITH

5. Does style cross over disciplines?:lol:
IT DOES TO SOME EXTENT - LOOKAT HAUTE COUTURE - ITS LIKE ART OR ARCHITECTURE IN ALOT OF WAYS

6. Does style have a socio/economic/historical context?:huh:
IT DEFINATELY HAS HISTORICAL CONTEXT - YOU CAN DEFINE WHOLE PERIODS OF TIME BY THE CLOTHING WORN E.G. ELIZABETHAN RUFFS, REGENCY EMPIRE DRESSES, 20'S FLAPPER DRESSES, 60'S ROCKERS AND 80'S NEW ROMANTICS.
ID SAY THAT IT ALSO HAD SOCIO ECONOMIC IMPACTS. LOOK AT THE MODERN TEENAGERS, THE POORER THE BACKGROUND THE MORE CHAVY THE STYLE - VICKY POLLARD IS THE SHINING EXAMPLE OF THE MAJORITY OF TODAYS YOUTH. IF YOU LOOK AT THE OTHER END OF THE SPECTRUM, PRIVELDGED KIDS HAVE THEIR DESIGNER KITS CONSISTING OF RIDING GEAR, POLO SHIRTS AND TEA DRESSES.

STYLE UNDERLIES EVERYTHING IN MY OPINION NO MATTER WHAT YOUR TAKE ON IT ACTUALLY IS!

VERY INTERESTING BUT... why are you writing in caps?

1. What Does style Mean to u?
Style isn't just about clothes, nor is it a compliment. Just like 'art' shouldn't be used as a compliment. There are styles of music, food, for doing anything.

2. How DO U DEFINE it?

It's instinctual. You somehow just pick up on a style. But it's all very complex and I guess would be near impossible to pinpoint it emotionally or with vocabulary.

3. Are there examples which encapsulate it?

Various films, music, clothing, generations, cultures, etc.

4. Does sTyle have icons?
Yeah. People tend to look up to people for their clothes, movies, music.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank U all 4the comments so Far...its been quite testing as not many readers are interested in replying...whats wrong with people??? its a shame as i have been preparing myself for a few hours of reading, but hey, never mind. one insight is better than...

Probably the random capitalization, random use of smileys and chat room abbreviations are confusing and/or turning a lot of people off. Then there is the suspicion that you are trying to get members to do your homework... :innocent:

litchickuk, please re-read the guidelines, typing in all caps is discouraged as it is considered shouting. You may feel like shouting at people in public, but it has consequences. :wink:

1. What Does style Mean to u?
blink.gif

er..how I dress? how different people dress?

2. How DO U DEFINE it?
wink.gif

I've never attempted to. You cant "define" style. Is this for a school project?

3. Are there examples which encapsulate it?
whistling.gif

yes.

4. Does sTyle have icons?
sick.gif

I don't know, I never asked.

5. Does style cross over disciplines?
lol.gif

yes. eg: police men wear stripes sometimes, whilst naughty criminals can attempt to impersonate policemen by wearing uniforms.

6. Does style have a socio/economic/historical context?
huh.gif

yes.

ps: this is a weird survey. Perhaps you should reformulate your questions and repost :smile::flower:

tangerine said:
Probably the random capitalization, random use of smileys and chat room abbreviations are confusing and/or turning a lot of people off. Then there is the suspicion that you are trying to get members to do your homework... :innocent:
Hear Hear!

...Dear tangerine,

Oh my what a reaction. I am new to this game, so what can i say. it's only letters and words, they all mean the same thing, does it really matter if it is customised in some way? it is still readable. Nevertheless i do get ur point about the whole "shouting" thing. i just wanted it to stand out a little. but if it was homework, they are questions in which the need to ask people is vital, as style, does it not, evolve around people in the first place?

EsSees83 said:
...Dear tangerine,

...it's only letters and words, they all mean the same thing, does it really matter if it is customised in some way? it is still readable.

The reason it matters is that not everyone on this board is a native English speaker, and abbreviations and nonstandard usage make your post more difficult to understand. To some extent, it is less readable, even for those of us who are native English speakers. :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
redspot
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->