why do you like/hate Karl Lagerfeld?

I love Karl's personality: anyone who's a big enough fashion victim to lose weight just to fit in the smallest size of Dior Homme is fine by me. :innocent:

KhaoticKharma said:
I love Karl's personality: anyone who's a big enough fashion victim to lose weight just to fit in the smallest size of Dior Homme is fine by me. :innocent:

Honey, thats sad :huh:

^that's really sad.
+ Karl gained some weight since. and have you ever seen his neck? it's horrible!
but it's off topic!

BerlinRocks....the *** in ure avatar is oh so sizzley :P lol sorry had to mention that...(the underwear looks good too)

He is not always good. But he is absolutely irreplaceable as a designer. He CAN be brilliant when he wants. When he talks about fashion, I listen. I never listen to Donatella Versace or John Galliano.

shadow said:
He is not always good. But he is absolutely irreplaceable as a designer. He CAN be brilliant when he wants. When he talks about fashion, I listen. I never listen to Donatella Versace or John Galliano.

I like Karl's fashion, but I'd prefer Donatella's any day....and Galliano needs to go back to earth.

^ i dont think you can compare those three designers....they are all different and good in their own ways...

for me, he's a genius, and i will forever believe that. unfortunately for some people its just difficult to really see his work, and to admire his pieces seperately from the way they are presented, which might be a bit too much sometimes.

I don't think he's overrated. In my opinion people aren't just used to have someone like him around, someone alive who has worked non stop as succesful high fashion designer for over 50 years. I mean, he started designing for Fendi back in 1965, think about that..
And though there are some 'old' designers around, they haven't got the same media exposure as him.
I bet that if Cristobal Balenciaga we're alive there would be this kind of thread too.

Last edited by a moderator:
BerlinRocks said:
^that's really sad.
+ Karl gained some weight since. and have you ever seen his neck? it's horrible!

Sincerely, I can't imagine how. He's alive thanks to his one-litter-a-day of Pepsi Max :lol:

As someone said, he's surely the ONLY "mainstream" (according the fact that everyone knows Chanel and talks about it, even if the only "chanel" thing they will be able to afford is a lipstick or a pair of sunglasses) who really talks about fashion (and is not as shallow as some editors "OMG that's in, cute, so feminine, trendy and sexy" or as ridiculous and pseudo-intellectual as Vanessa Bruno "inspired by the lost feelings from the decadence of art nouveau")

Edit: Miss Bruno was "inspired by the emotions from lost decadence of art nouveau"
Not to mention that "her journey takes us to a cross road universe of Indian veiled mystique and sun maidens of the haight ashbury sixties"
Everything being labelled (Sic!) [transit gloria mundis...]

I :heart::heart::heart: Karl.

Every year he puts out SOMETHING i love, whether it be from Fendi or Chanel.

I loved Chanel S/S 05 and Fendi F/W 06 and I can't wait to see what he does for fashion week coming this month.

I think he's cool. I always liked his designs and how he managed to still use the traditional Chanel fabrics and the fact that he modernized the traditional Chanel suit. Each season I look forward to his new line of clothes. He's very intelligent and also shown some talent elsewhere in the arts. All in all, I find him to be very interesting.

To some degree everyone likes him for his clothes and designs, but I think most of us know he has an awful attitude...that sorta attitude would probably be more acceptable on a female designer.

Acid said:
i love how he keeps his love life with brad kroenig completely private yet so blatant
somebody ask him about brad already! :judge:

stop making rumor!!!!karl is not worth!

I don't like the way he refers to overweight people as fat. That really bothers me. As a fashion designer, you should embrace all sizes and considering that Chanel makes "plus size" fashion, I think that kind of marketing is dumb.

like how he can come up with different ideas and concepts for different brands each season
like his stuff for lagerfeld gallery though his own label never really took off
dislike some of his outragous beliefs...he always mentions his mom..which is nice..but a little too much

he's a great guy...he likes dior homme..i like dior homme...he likes hedi slimane..i like hedi slimane
at least we have something in common :lol:

JR1 said:
^ i dont think you can compare those three designers....they are all different and good in their own ways...

well may I add something? oh thank you soo much Dear!
well to Karl, John Galliano is a Genius (with a big G) - he said it once on french tv.

he always mentions his mom
I love hearing him talking about his mom. This "Frau" seemed to be a really really funny person:lol: (if you're his/her bff:wink:). I'm pretty sure I would have loved her!

^she was just a tremendous influence for him, also fashion-wise, i believe....

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->