why do you like/hate Karl Lagerfeld?

Ceptuouse

Reaction score
Why do you like/hate Karl Lagerfeld?

Personally i dont like (not hate) him, and i dont think his designs for chanel are anything spectacular...just the same things each season, However i do love chanel, but it would be nice to see a tweed free collection...

Why I am wary of him

I'm sure he's a very nice man (if you have enough money and fame!) :P

He seems to have friends in the highest places, but I'm not sure if he gains them from being a great friend or if he gains them because he gives them all the free Chanel stuff they could ever dream of! I tend to think it's the latter!

But by far, my biggest issue with Herr Lagerfeld is that he seems very pretentious, and I loath pretense. Humility is so much more attractive.
But most of his designs are very nice. I have to agree, though, that they are always the same. I wonder if that is necessary designing for Chanel? Chanel has such a rich history and such a reputation, it seems that it would take a very gutsy person to dare to tweak the classic Chanel style! Am I wrong?

Love him, because his carrying on to what Coco started. And tweed is Chanel. Look at Coco's first creations, and you´ll see.

i love his clothes at chanel and most at lagerfeld gallery, his clothes have amaizing cut and i think they suit women and girls of all ages which is hard to do i love what he's done with chanel and how he's kept it up to date with out doing the galliano for dior slag treatment i love him for losing weight just so he could wear dior homme in a 46 lol and just looking at him and hearing what he has to say makes me laugh either because its funny or because its so unbelievably pretentious its funny lol bless him:heart: :heart: :heart:

i hate him for lagerfeld gallery a/w 05 and not really keen on his clothes for fendi i think he ruins the fur when he shaves it and stuff

i love how he keeps his love life with brad kroenig completely private yet so blatant
somebody ask him about brad already! :judge:

/\ like in interview magazine where all the photographs were taken by karl lagerfeld and most of them were of brad kroenig in just underwear or in the bath lol:stuart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I second VICTIM. LOOOOOVE LAGERFELD (for all the kinda wrong reasons tho :smile: )

gosh Brad K. is so cute. But either way....Karl L. is in his own world.

i love his clothes and what he has done for chanel. he did invent the interlocking c logo, right?

i dont like him as i person, he seems very snobby.

the whole brad k thing is just weird.:blink:

masquerade said:
i love his clothes and what he has done for chanel. he did invent the interlocking c logo, right?

i dont like him as i person, he seems very snobby.

the whole brad k thing is just weird.:blink:

I just hope they are happy together.

on Karl

VICTIM said:
i love his clothes at chanel and most at lagerfeld gallery, his clothes have amaizing cut and i think they suit women and girls of all ages which is hard to do i love what he's done with chanel and how he's kept it up to date with out doing the galliano for dior slag treatment i love him for losing weight just so he could wear dior homme in a 46 lol and just looking at him and hearing what he has to say makes me laugh either because its funny or because its so unbelievably pretentious its funny lol bless him:heart: :heart: :heart:

i hate him for lagerfeld gallery a/w 05 and not really keen on his clothes for fendi i think he ruins the fur when he shaves it and stuff
-----------
Whenever he speaks on the telly is funny 'n entertaining somehow.
Totally agree. Especially after end of 1996, the joining of Lady Amanda Harlech changed the whole approach of Karl to Chanel; IMO, if anything happened to Karl, Lady Harlech should be the designer of Chanel forever after. I agree on his approach on what victim said abt Lagerfeld Gallery & Fendi f/w05. One more thing is, Karl has never archieved anything Yves did, however, Karl slags off Azzedine & YSL which I think annoying & virtually shows his shallowness & pathetic.

I love Chanel's clothes, but I don't like Karl...why? After his successful diet, he designed a t-shirt with these words: '4slimpeople'

The problem is... my size is 36 but how should you feel if you have 40 or more? I know that HIGH FASHION isn't for fat people (really sorry for this word but imo most of designers have clothes which look good at thin people) but he is so ostentation. After his 'Lagerfeld Gallery' show for spring 2004 I don't like him anymore.

I love Chanel's clothes (LG and Fendi, too) but I don't like Karl... after his successful diet he designed this awful project:

lagerfeldgallery3un.jpg

BTW, on the leggy Daria Werbowy which is amazing slim (skinny?)

The point is... my size is 36 but how should you feel if you have 40 or more? I know that HIGH FASHION is for slim people (most of designers have clothes which look good at thin people) but he is so ostentatious :yuk: . So after 'Lagerfeld Gallery' show for spring 2004 I don't like him anymore...

Oh, sorry :doh: . My computer is a wrack. Can you just delete my first reply- I can't do that

well, make up your own mind
before

after

( he lost 92 pounds in 13 months)

I like him because I think he has an amazing amount of talent as a couturier, which he has proven so often (unfortunately, not in his most recent collection) I respect him as one of the few people keeping couture alive and well, and keeping a legendary house modern.

I don't like him, mainly because he comes off as an arrogant fool who seems to have forgotten that not long ago he was a whale of a man hiding his chins behind a fan. Aside from that, I sometimes get bored with his collections for Chanel, yes, they're classic and extremely well made, but something new would be more than welcome.

Oh, and I don't like how he dresses more recently, with all the dumb jewelry and fingerless gloves....it just looks stupid.

i love his lagerfeld gallery collections,
i like he's always coming up with re-inventions at chanel
i adore his chanel couture collections,
and i alwayslove to hear his intellectual side in interviews.

oh, and i would love to have a look at his personal library, which is said to be spectacular, and huge!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianapalm
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->