Why do you love/hate Giles Deacon

Eccentricity

Reaction score
He has relaunched the importance of the London fashion scene amongst its counterparts like New York, Milan and Paris. London thrives in originality and freedom to persue concepts never considered elsewhere, the garments are formed not intending a commercial responce but for artistic feedback (with obvious exception to Julien Mcdonald, who is too poor to move to New York).

Giles is a particularly talented designer, a man whose career is certainly worth watching. His shows always command models such as Linda Evangelista, Eva Herzigova, Jessica Stam, Natasha Poly, Sasha Piovovara and numerous other so called "top models", with Sasha, Elise Crombez, Adrianna Limma, Hana S, Linda, Karen Elson and Stella Tennant headling his most recent Summer Spring 2006 show.

Images Credit: Vogue.co.uk, Giles Winter 2004, Summer 2005

Attachments

• 00400f.jpg
    00400f.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 1
  • 00250f.jpg
    00250f.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 00010f.jpg
    00010f.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 00080f.jpg
    00080f.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited by a moderator:
i liked Gilles too much when he first started, both because of what he said at his first interviews and due to the excellent cutting.. he sure, now that Sophia shows in Paris Gilles is one the biggest assets of LFW but somehow he managed to ruin it for me..
a-his most recent collections left me dissapointed
b-i dont like his over-the-top PR like using top models, society parties etc
i believe his communicaion 'strategy' should be less 'pushing', he should let his work stay at focal point and leave the 'glam' for those who having less than his own talent

I too like Giles Deacon because he has brought some limelight back to LFW and I think he's going to do exciting things in the future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marinamelolp
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->