Why Top Models Skip London Fashion Week

model_mom

Reaction score
I was just wondering why the top models skip London fashion week. I've seen a few of them ,but noticed most we're missing. Is it because of castings in Milan?

There might be a Milan correlation. I've also heard a lot of the models eschew London in favor of Barcelona. Supposedly, London is on a low budget and doesn't pay very well any more. :blink:

apparently. I was surprised to see the amount of well-known models walking for Giles Deacon this season (Linda Evangelista, Eugenia, Karolina, Missy, Raquel, Karen E, Natasha V, Jessica Stam, MariaCarla, Erin O'Connor, Diana Dondoe, etc)

pretty much everyone skips london fashion week these days...

loads of the good models start at london fashion week

this week [email protected]@[email protected]@storm.....Tiiu and JP@IMG have been causing a storm at shows

they are all going to completely wipe the floors in paris and milan
the reason why people like erin wasson, karolina K and such dont do london is pretty simple......because the designers here dont have as much money from sponsorships and so cant afford them

Diana Dondoe and Madeleine Bloomberg always show at the shows in London becasue they are Russell Marsh's favorite models. Russell Marsh cast's for Prada and Miu Miu and some select London shows. Most of the big name models will only go to London for the pay like they do for Brazil's fashion weeks. They are treated like celebrities and receive a nice paycheck to add some status to the event. But mostly new models use London as a starting ground their first full season.

probably the new faces are also part of the appeal of London

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->